When Did The '90's era' died?

The grunge era started dying after Kurt offed himself and was officially over by the end of 95.

IMO that was the end of the 'classic rock' era that had been going for a few decades; the music press usually frames it as 'grunge saved rock from hair metal' but it seems clear to me that after grunge, the rawk era as a whole was over. Urban took over, and Nu-metal filled the heavy guitar niche for a few years at the end of the 90s (and was already rather different from the classic rock of the 60s-mid90s era).

You always hear about 80s died when Nirvana's arrival or some other shit but when did the 90s died? Any theory?

There's not going to be a cut of point. It happens gradually, and now hindsight is the only way to try and think when it ended.
There are so many things. Cgi taking over as the only way to make action films is one.
And when the government, I mean the terrorists (same thing.....) flew those planes onto the two towers, and third one just collapsed as if by magic, it changed everything, which we have never gone back to how it was. Still feeling the effects now, just like the covid scam is going to do the same and drastically change our way of life forever.

When Microsoft Paint lost its appeal, so probably the release of XP

IMO that was the end of the 'classic rock' era that had been going for a few decades; the music press usually frames it as 'grunge saved rock from hair metal' but it seems clear to me that after grunge, the rawk era as a whole was over. Urban took over, and Nu-metal filled the heavy guitar niche for a few years at the end of the 90s (and was already rather different from the classic rock of the 60s-mid90s era).
I will say I did like the early 2000s "Post Punk revival" stuff from the Strokes, White Stripes, Hives, Jet, etc. But once that died down, it really went downhill from there.

I would have to say mid 2000's.
A year or two before the recession.

I was still seeing 90's culture flourish in the early 2000's.
The music scene was practically still the same. AOL was still popular.
People were wearing the same type of clothes.
Eminem was still very popular.

Nirvana's arrival or some other shit

you trivialize it, perhaps in jest but there is a definite ebb and flow that signifies generations and it coincides with the characteristics of each decade.

Perhaps humans have a collective consciousness that is not being taken seriously enough, or maybe it's just that I've smoked too much shit and eaten too many psychedelics and methamphetamines over the years.

Hunter S Thompson spoke about decades in this way, but we all know what he was on

Guess it depends on if you consider Y2K era (boybands, pop punk, Attitude Era, xtreme things etc.) to be "90s era" or its own thing. If the former then I guess 9/11 or maybe you could stretch it until the invasion of Iraq; if the latter then probably the deaths of Tupac and Biggie

God, please no.. We seemed to have hit the happy medium right now between the potato sacks of the 90s/2000s and the jeggings from the Obama era, if women can ditch the mom jeans I'd say we are pretty much set on jeans as is.
Can't go wrong with straight fit or regular fit

When nickleback rose to prominence

Can't go wrong with straight fit or regular fit
Slim cut works fine for those with runner or swimmer frames too, though it starts to look toothpicky on jacked dudes and especially fatties.

But yeah, straight cut always looks good imo

9/11 cause that started the new world order we are currently in (or the last phase of it at least) . Life was never the same. And it happened on my bday I might add. Talk about paradigm shift

Slim cut works fine for those with runner or swimmer frames too, though it starts to look toothpicky on jacked dudes and especially fatties.

But yeah, straight cut always looks good imo
Slim cut just makes you look like a zoomer or soy boy imo

The grunge era started dying after Kurt offed himself and was officially over by the end of 95.

Yeah musically the late 90s were very different than the early 90s.

Alternative radio went from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, STP, Smashing Pumpkins to lots of one hit wonders Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Marcy palyground, Semi Sonic, Mighty Mighty Bostones, chumbawamba, Fastball and more poppy sound ing bands (No doubt, blink 182) even some bands that survived started going for more pop sounding music STP (Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop) , Offspring (pretty fly for a white guy).

I always feel like Scream and some of the Nu slashers capture that late 90s period wich was very different from the Singles/Clerks films people associate with the early 90s.

I would say in the US things tended to be slow moving relative to the UK, Grunge was ultimately the breakthough of the punk/indie rock movement that had been slowly building popularity for the previous 15 years. In the UK

It was I think helped by the reality that the big stadium rock bands of the 70's and 80's were largely burnt out creatively by the early 90's, Guns and Roses just about made it into the decade in good form I spose and Pink Floyd had a decent album with the Division Bell whilst AC/DC remained ok but generally classic rock was badly on the decline.

90's died with the rise of cell phones and internet gaming.

This is when kids stopped playing outside with all the cool nurf toys.

Yeah, I think 9/11 is the best answer. Right around there. 2002-03ish it felt like a totally new era.

some good ones mentioned.
For me, without looking at calendar, I'm thinking 9/11, mobile phones, the radio getting peppered with Craig David, Linkin Park and Robbie Williams.
Arrival of Fight Club, Blair Witch, Gladiator, Snatch etc and the horrific increase of reality tv.
Oh and Bill Clinton's reign ending...

Back