When Did Chris Weidman Lose his Fight IQ?

kinda messed up. the guy obv got hurt by the knee.

but weidman was blatantly trying to milk the rules by even reaching down with one hand to avoid the knee. then when it was shown to be a legal knee, weidman pretended to be more hurt than he was. even pretending to not know the freaking day haha. just look at his interview, and how embarrassed he is by what he tried doing. pretty sure serra and longo knew what weidman was up to, but they had to back, "their boy" lol.

but weidman was blatantly trying to milk the rules by even reaching down with one hand to avoid the knee. then when it was shown to be a legal knee, weidman pretended to be more hurt than he was. even pretending to not know the freaking day haha. just look at his interview, and how embarrassed he is by what he tried doing. pretty sure serra and longo knew what weidman was up to, but they had to back, "their boy" lol.

I don't think its a bad thing that he wanted to continue the fight.

It is also okay to say he is hurt when he actually is.

He was undefeated up until the Rockhold fight.
Then every fight after that seemed like the engine broke down and had problems functioning again.

What happened?

His opponents started being under 40 years old, were legit 185 fighters, and didn't foolishly showboat or freakishly break their legs.

I use to think he beat Silva because he was the better fighter but looking back on it in retrospect, he really did luck out twice.

He dominated every minute of both fights. How is that luck?

When the eggplant stopped saluting other pigeons.

in my opinion it's this. his reflexes were incredible. i know a lot of people think Anderson gave the fights away and he just got lucky but they need to rewatch Weidman's fights. the way he KO'd Munoz was insane, timing the elbow while simultaneously slipping the overhand, and he had Anderson fucked up way before the leg break. people forget this happened:

UFC168-ChrisWeidmanXAndersonSilva-Rd1-SloMo1a-400-sg.gif

and this:

8hnh.gif
weidman-silva-td1.gif

Weidman was kicking Anderson's ass in both fights way before the "fluke" KO or "fluke" leg break.

Weidman's the real MW GOAT, nobody denies it.

{<redford}

A lot of fighters ride on confidence and feel their invincible, once that reality is shattered it's hard to make a new one.

Seems like he's able to beat good fighters but has trouble with the best. Dont think he lost his fight IQ. Just started fighting the next tier talent.

I never saw the hype. That KO on Silva was obviously dumb luck. If Silva wasn't acting a fool with his eyes already rolled back in his head before the punch it would have never happened.

the Rockhold beating was bad, a career changing pounding

He fought bad in the rockhold fight. A lot of poor choices . To me this was because of cutting to much weight and being overconfident or under to much pressure given the location.
Took a lot of damage in that fight

After that he had a disc replaced in his neck from an injury likely isn’t 100% from that.
And he’s been ko’d bad and has been taking tons of shots.

That’s what happened.

He was undefeated up until the Rockhold fight.
Then every fight after that seemed like the engine broke down and had problems functioning again.

What happened?

When he decided to be a striker instead of a wrestler.

Back