"When Cormier and Velasquez spar it's pretty much a standstill" - Javier Mendez

I find it kind of weak how they refuse to fight each other and Cormier would even wreck himself to drop a weight class. Why can't they just throw down like they do in sparring anyways, get paid then have a beer?

they are on record, via javier mendes, as saying that they would fight each other, if it did come down to it.

though velasquez hinted at the idea of cormier dropping down to 205 to challenge jones.

now that is the match-up i'd like to see!

It sounds like people are granting permission for Cormier and Cain to duck one another. I want them to get blasted for avoiding one another the same way people tried blasting Silva,Jones and others. Fighters should FIGHT, yeah?

you say undersized and I say faster.

It could be true. Cormier did look quick against Bigfoot and Barnett. On the other hand, BF is about as slow as it gets and Barnett isn't exactly explosive and athletic (with or without his steroids). I'm very excited to see Cormier get into the UFC. I hope he gets to face consistently good guys, more often than once every 2 years.

Last edited:
It sounds like people are granting permission for Cormier and Cain to duck one another. I want them to get blasted for avoiding one another the same way people tried blasting Silva,Jones and others. Fighters should FIGHT, yeah?

Are Silva and Jones regular training partners? Is Jones Silva's wrestling coach?

This is the same as Shogun saying that he would let Wanderlei win if they were to meet in the Pride GP. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to fight one of your coaches or training partners. If someone wants to do it, great for them, but acting like they should is just... stupid. Though this is SD so stupid as shit posters shouldn't be a surprise.

Are Silva and Jones regular training partners? Is Jones Silva's wrestling coach?

This is the same as Shogun saying that he would let Wanderlei win if they were to meet in the Pride GP. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to fight one of your coaches or training partners. If someone wants to do it, great for them, but acting like they should is just... stupid. Though this is SD so stupid as shit posters shouldn't be a surprise.

Cormier doesn't have the discipline to make 205. He may even harm himself further trying to do it. I predict he will stay at HW. He'' have no choice but to fight Cain. As for the rest, well you have to live with yourself and that awful attitude. Enjoy it.

Cormier isnt going to make 205. Its not going to be healthy for a man his age and with the size of his legs, I dont see how its possible.

If he was 24 or 25 its a different story but he should tell Cain and Mendez to go fuck themselves and leave.

Mendez knows Cornier will take Cain's belt and is protecting Cain.

If they fought it would be Cormier on top taking Cain down and unlike Lesnar he wont gas or give when he gets hit.

There is no way Cormier is on the same level as Cain.

I guess he means JUST wrestling. If it was wrestling with strikes involved Cain is clearly better.

Cormier is a gorilla. he looked like a tank next to Duffee, I can't see that guy making 205.

I got Cain. Could see it happening in a year if dc impresses in the UFC.

Cormier doesn't have the discipline to make 205. He may even harm himself further trying to do it. I predict he will stay at HW. He'' have no choice but to fight Cain. As for the rest, well you have to live with yourself and that awful attitude. Enjoy it.

that's awfully bold statement to make about such a high level wrestler as Cormier. He may not be able to safely make 205 now, but I do t think lackin discipline is anywhere in his vocabulary.....

When Cormier and Velasquez spar it's pretty much a standstill?

Well thats a waste of time and a waste of a good sparring partner!

"He aint no Velasquez, the guy aint no Valasquez" - Cormier after KTFOing Big Foot

that's awfully bold statement to make about such a high level wrestler as Cormier. He may not be able to safely make 205 now, but I do t think lackin discipline is anywhere in his vocabulary.....

He seems to have some body fat that can be lost considering he is a high level athlete. I can see why someone would question his discipline.

He seems to have some body fat that can be lost considering he is a high level athlete. I can see why someone would question his discipline.

having huge muscles does not equal being a great athlete. When will some of you(who are awfully obsessed with other mens bodies) learn this?

He most definitely will have the choice. He's an independent contractor to the UFC, not an indentured servant.

Cormeir has an amazing core, excited about seeing him fight in the future.

He has "an amazing core"? Why don't you just say what you mean instead of trying to use these trendy words that the weight lifting magazines start using a lot because they have to sell a certain number of copies every month? There is little or nothing new for these magazines to write about so they start using terms like "core strength" to try to fool the potential readers that they actually have something new to write. Any decent anatomy book lists all the muscles;there aren't new muscles like "core muscles" being discovered. Can you even name the "core muscles" by their proper names?

He has "an amazing core"? Why don't you just say what you mean instead of trying to use these trendy words that the weight lifting magazines start using a lot because they have to sell a certain number of copies every month? There is little or nothing new for these magazines to write about so they start using terms like "core strength" to try to fool the potential readers that they actually have something new to write. Any decent anatomy book lists all the muscles;there aren't new muscles like "core muscles" being discovered. Can you even name the "core muscles" by their proper names?

Maybe the guy was complimenting Cormier's "baby bump"? Fedor has an amazing core as well.

having huge muscles does not equal being a great athlete. When will some of you(who are awfully obsessed with other mens bodies) learn this?

I never said having huge muscles equals being a great athlete, but being fat in certain areas shows that you lack at least some discipline in dieting. I mean what else could having body fat like that around the abdomen possibly mean? It doesnt take away from his abilities, but it shows that he doesnt eat properly. It is fine considering he is a hw, but with the talks of him cutting down to lhw, he should tighten up his diet and lose the belly fat.

Last edited:
I honestly think Cormier could be the top guy at HW, but hes still a little unproven. I would much rather see him fight Jones anyway, that would answer a lot of questions. And what an incredible fight it would be.

Back