"When Cormier and Velasquez spar it's pretty much a standstill" - Javier Mendez

Cormier would die if he cut to 205, he's beating Cain at wrestling for fucks sake.

Cormier just needs to toss Jones around and I'll be happy... Even if that's all he ever does for the rest of his career

You know... I kind of agree. I like Jon Jones too. But Cormier just needs to drop to 205 and go for it IMO. He just seems to small for HW. He is pretty short and he carries a lot of extra weight.

He uses his body type well. Gets on the inside striking and takes it to the ground only if needed, the bigfoot silva fight showed he can hang with someone who has an 82 inch reach. Granted Bigfoot is no Jon Jones, but he did the same to Barnet

I agree with you. I was more talking about the Cain versus Cormier comparison, under the premise that they're basically identically skilled.

Cormier would die if he cut to 205, he's beating Cain at wrestling for fucks sake.

I think Cormier with healthy kidneys could make 205 pounds. He wrestled at 211 pounds, and even then he wasn't exactly lean. With his damaged kidneys, you could unfortunately be correct.

I think Cormier with healthy kidneys could make 205 pounds. He wrestled at 211 pounds, and even then he wasn't exactly lean. With his damaged kidneys, you could unfortunately be correct.

I didn't mean literally but 205 is a lot.

get mike dolche on this shit. Jon JONE Jones vs. Daniel "DC COMICS" Cormier

I can't believe he didn't say he'd fuck Betty White. That bitch is amazing.

Cain is also 2 or 3 inches taller, with 6 inches more reach, and IMO is a much less fat 240 pounds. I suspect that Cormier may be the better fighter, but he's really undersized at HW.

you say undersized and I say faster.

Dan is the best pure freestyle wrestler MMA has ever seen, plus he has been a natl champ greco too. His hip power is unreal, he has quick feet and good head movement. He can beat just about every HW with his wrestling alone. JJ would get taken down and beat on for 5 rounds, just like AS would at 205

I didn't mean literally but 205 is a lot.

its a lot if youre cutting 20 lbs of water weight... what he needs to do is slowly diet down.. give him a catch weight fight of 225 with a smaller hw or a lhw who doesnt wanna diet *ahem* rampage *cough*

i'm pretty sure betty white has more money than josh koscheck.

And does Javier hate Betty White for some reason and want to use her for her money? What about sex? You think Betty White can be sexually active? Or you want him to cheat on her? That's just rude man. Leave Betty White alone.

Dan is the best pure freestyle wrestler MMA has ever seen, plus he has been a natl champ greco too. His hip power is unreal, he has quick feet and good head movement. He can beat just about every HW with his wrestling alone. JJ would get taken down and beat on for 5 rounds, just like AS would at 205

I agree I wasn't sold until he controlled bigfoot and Barnet so easily, his movement is quick and fluid. Of course he hasn't been tested by the best but he has looked really good so far. Id like to see him against someone like Mir

Gutsy statement.

Cormier has never gone to the ground with a submission fighter for an extended period of time. He grappled with Barnett a bit, but wasn't exactly comfortable there. Lets see him roll with Werdum or Mir before we give him credit for being among the best HW grapplers in MMA. Personally I'd say (or guess, at least) that Cormiers submission defense is a relative weakness.

With Jones fighting in April, this is a good time for DC to do a practice cut for 205.

its a lot if youre cutting 20 lbs of water weight... what he needs to do is slowly diet down.. give him a catch weight fight of 225 with a smaller hw or a lhw who doesnt wanna diet *ahem* rampage *cough*

DC would savage today's Rampage.

Back