"When Cormier and Velasquez spar it's pretty much a standstill" - Javier Mendez

Velasquez FC

Sea Level > Altitude
@red
Reaction score
A few interesting things to be noted from this recent interview with Javier a day after UFC 155.

"Javier wanted Velasquez to show JDS he wasn't backing down at the weigh in, hence the different pose. When JDS was mad dogging Velasquez in the octagon Javier yelled at him to mean mug him back."
"Pure wrestling Cormier is better than Velasquez, no one is better than him in mma."
"When Velasquez and Cormier spar it's a standstill."
"Javier would like to see Cormier fight Mir or Jon Jones when he comes over to the UFC".
"Thinks JDS and Velasquez are both very special fighters and will fight again for many times."

"Fuck, Marry or Kill - He would bang Megan Fox, marry Betty White and kill koscheck"

trainer_2.png

Interview with Javier Starts at 33:00

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/puread...mission-113-javier-mendez-best-of-2012-in-mma

javier seems like the kind of guy who knows how to win fandom in mma - he seems like greg, in my opinion, very manipulative guy - thats not a diss

Did he really say the last part? If so that's awesome.

He made some interesting points. I would like Cormier to fight Mir as well but I wish Mir was coming off a win.

Did he really say the last part? If so that's awesome.

He made some interesting points. I would like Cormier to fight Mir as well but I wish Mir was coming off a win.

Yes, the host made him play the fuck marry kill game.

of course he is gonna say that, did u expect anything less

He should Marry Koschek, divorce him, and take half his stuff. Kos has lots of physical assets worth some cash.

Cormier will do very well if he chooses to stay at HW. If he can safely drop to LHW, there are some awesome match-ups for sure. Cormier-Evans is one I'd really like to see, Jones obviously as well. It would seem like Cain would have a easier time dropping down, and would be amazing if he did and took both belts. Both guys are just tanks built for this business, to bad they won't fight each other. I actually think Cormier would edge it out due to his wrestling and always improving stand-up, but we'll never know.

Translation would be until Cormier gets tired or Velasquez entangles with the suplex machine. :icon_chee

what is a standstill? Do they both just stand still without moving?

Javier Mendes acknowledging that Cormier is the best wrestler in MMA even more so than Cain. Cormier is also just as quick if not quicker than Cain. And Cormier's use of the jab is something to behold. His boxing is better than Cain IMO although I think Cain probably has better kicks

I'm not saying it isn't true, but he'd probably still say it even if it wasn't true and one had a clear advantage over the other.

he's not going to lean on one guy when they both train under him

I find it kind of weak how they refuse to fight each other and Cormier would even wreck himself to drop a weight class. Why can't they just throw down like they do in sparring anyways, get paid then have a beer?

Back