• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Your Next Purchase? V6

Being in California I have a S&W M&P Shield (CA version :( ) in my 10 day waiting period.

Was debating between Glock 26, Springfield XD compact, and the shield. Held them all and the Shield felt by far the best with the 8 round mag. I have a Glock 17 and was tempted to get the G26, but hated the way it felt in my hand. Way too short. Could add a mag extension but at that point might as well get a G19 ;)

Anyway, CA sucks b/c I can't get the 2.0 versions :( but the Shield is a great little gun from all reviews and applying for my CCW will be a good summer carry b/c of how thin it is.

Post a review when you get it eh?
First range trip with new 10mm today

155gr 1450fps
180gr 1325fps
200gr 1240fps
175gr 1360fps

previously chrono’d loads.

standard blazer and umc 180gr target loads.

All of the different ammo I put through it.
Zero malfunctions. Sometimes with hotter 10mm stiffer springs are needed but I wanted to see what this pistol would handle stock. My g20 needed a stiffer spring. Really accurate pistol. With the hot loads it definitely takes a bit longer to get back on target. It handles really well. Sights are easy and quick to pick up. Wish I could be more detailed…but took wife with me today. Had a good time. She is a tiny thing….fired one rd of the 155gr and that was it for her.

First range trip with new 10mm today

155gr 1450fps
180gr 1325fps
200gr 1240fps
175gr 1360fps

previously chrono’d loads.

standard blazer and umc 180gr target loads.

All of the different ammo I put through it.
Zero malfunctions. Sometimes with hotter 10mm stiffer springs are needed but I wanted to see what this pistol would handle stock. My g20 needed a stiffer spring. Really accurate pistol. With the hot loads it definitely takes a bit longer to get back on target. It handles really well. Sights are easy and quick to pick up. Wish I could be more detailed…but took wife with me today. Had a good time. She is a tiny thing….fired one rd of the 155gr and that was it for her.

Sweet! and thanks for the update.

I like my XD45s. They're good stuff, (for plastic)

I believe the load I have for them right about 1000fps with a 225grn bullet The higher the charge the more recoil, and the more practice I need to handle it, so that's about good enough.

Have you seen those new Springfield 2011s?
https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-ds-series-handguns/1911-ds-prodigy-handguns/

Here's a wanker's view of the gun.

I want one!

Sweet!

I like my XD45s. They're good stuff, (for plastic)

I believe the load I have for them right about 1000fps with a 225grn bullet The higher the charge the more recoil, and the more practice I need to handle it, so that's about good enough.

Have you seen those new Springfield 2011s?
https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-ds-series-handguns/1911-ds-prodigy-handguns/

Here's a wanker's view of the gun.

I want one!

I have seen them. I want one…but damn my want list is long. So things get pushed around. Picked this xdm elite up because I love 10mm, came with 6 factory mags, under $600 for everything.

And you are correct…hotter loads take way more practice….but if I’m honest. I just normally shoot a mag or two because they are fun. Same when I shoot 45. Mag of 185gr +P just because.

I have seen them. I want one…but damn my want list is long. So things get pushed around. Picked this xdm elite up because I love 10mm, came with 6 factory mags, under $600 for everything.

And you are correct…hotter loads take way more practice….but if I’m honest. I just normally shoot a mag or two because they are fun. Same when I shoot 45. Mag of 185gr +P just because.

I used to have a friend who had property on a river. Some spots were on a high bank. We used to sit up there shooting at, (turtles, Gar, logs, carp, snakes, shit-birds ) all sorts of stuff. Shots could be from 25 yards straight down to 200 yards off.

A 10mm pistol would be Great for such stuff!

And that was a great deal you got.

I used to have a friend who had property on a river. Some spots were on a high bank. We used to sit up there shooting at, (turtles, Gar, logs, carp, snakes, shit-birds ) all sorts of stuff. Shots could be from 25 yards straight down to 200 yards off.

A 10mm pistol would be Great for such stuff!

And that was a great deal you got.
Lol at shit birds

Lol at shit birds

You know the type?
Sometimes called Water Turkey
Something like this, one's we saw were all dark.
9539681603_363a21d3a7_o-1200x800.jpg

I live in Florida now. Shit water birds everywhere.

One of the best river guns I had, (in the 80s) was this thing.

There was a special on them, for $112 you got the rifle and a 900rnd case of corrosive 8mm ammo!

We'd shoot at shit as far as we could see.
The action gas would hit you straight in the forehead. After 30 or so rounds it was primo for dishing out a pounding headache. But fuck it, it was cheap

Coin based carwash was great for hot soapy water to clean the barrel.

Had I known they'd be expensive one day I'd have kept it. I think I sold it for $42 when the ammo ran out.

Not from them….but I bought a blem lower from bcm before. After looking it over for 5 minutes I found ….I’m guessing….what they consider a blem. Was the first ar I built. Still going strong.

Yeah I’m buying it. Unless someone’s taken an angle grinder to the thing I’m ok with some blemish.

Don’t blame you. Normally it’s some superficial flaw in the coating. Good luck.

I was looking at a 375 ruger with a 20" barrel for busting brush on Kodiak island and everywhere else big coastal brown bears rule. The short action weighs the same as a 30-06 making it as agile as the 45-70.
It would be specialized for the specific purpose of possibly only getting one shot off if charged.
Was talking to some friends about it when the gunstore owner said he bought one in a 416 ruger specifically for Kodiak. Same size but 5,200 ftpounds.
Can't find one doe.

I'm looking at one of these as I'm in the market for a 12g.
Obviously Semi Auto ain't allowed here outside of Cat C & D licences. So this "lever release" 12g is the closest I'll get to a Semi Auto for hunting right now.
BBA1220MW__44581.1648696474.png

Didn't notice this thread got stickied and was like WTF?

Anyway, I stumbled across the rifle version of the HK SPL5 and pulled the trigger. Comes with 10rd mag but whatever. $3,200. Next we'll see how much I spend on upgrades. First order of business will be getting that barrel covered up. Surely there's something that'll do the trick. Gonna need some real mags. Figure out how to attach a red dot. Maybe look into options for the stock.

HK-81000480-wSTK-2__84816.1667094976.jpg

I completely missed that this was pinned.

For some reason I don't even look at pinned messages.

I'm just finishing up parts for my 6 arc build. Hoping the receiver set is finished at cerakote soon.

Back