What's Your Next Purchase? V6

I got a p365, big fan of it. Probably my fav concealed carry.

as for purchases I been thinking about getting a space gun and getting a desert tech mdrx. Fucking pricey but them bullpups are kind of fun

You own some other bullpups?

I recently bought a Taurus 856. Have a couple holsters on the way--an IWB and a pocket. I bought a 12 buck IWB at the gun shot but it is bad.

Also, after 50 rounds, I'm bad at the revolver. Also ordered a new grip because that must be the problem.

Ok I'm adding a new one. A Highpoint 45 acp.

I know it's big and ugly and certainly not a concealed carry weapon. It's also cheap to buy.

The reason mostly is a side carry for hunting and fishing. At the price I don't care if it gets some abuse.

I've see reviews and talked to people that have them. The only negative is they are big and ugly. They will take abuse and eat just about anything you put through them without malfunction.

With the price I thought what's to lose and it could double as a nightstand gun.

The only other thing is they are a bit harder to clean as you have to drive a pin out to take apart and clean well.

I have a number of other pistols but you can never have too many.

I get back once I have it for awhile.

They also have a 45acp carbine that uses the same mag. May look at one of them for shits and giggles.

I know it's big and ugly and certainly not a concealed carry weapon. It's also cheap to buy.

The reason mostly is a side carry for hunting and fishing. At the price I don't care if it gets some abuse.

I've see reviews and talked to people that have them. The only negative is they are big and ugly. They will take abuse and eat just about anything you put through them without malfunction.

With the price I thought what's to lose and it could double as a nightstand gun.

The only other thing is they are a bit harder to clean as you have to drive a pin out to take apart and clean well.

They also have a 45acp carbine that uses the same mag. May look at one of them for shits and giggles.

<6>

I once bought a sks for similar reasons.

I'll only add, it's easy to tire of shitty stuff.

<6>

I once bought a sks for similar reasons.

I'll only add, it's easy to tire of shitty stuff.

Yea we will see but I read the reviews also talked to people that owned one or in one case a couple of them. Not sure sure if I'll like it but for the price if it functions as reliable as they say at least that's good.

However I know what you mean. I had a custom 1911 that was high dollar looked and felt great and could group on a quarter. Wheb it didn't jam or stove pipe. The gun simth could never get it to the reliable I wanted.

I'll get back here to let you know after I have used and abused it enough to judge it.

Yea we will see but I read the reviews also talked to people that owned one or in one case a couple of them. Not sure sure if I'll like it but for the price if it functions as reliable as they say at least that's good.

However I know what you mean. I had a custom 1911 that was high dollar looked and felt great and could group on a quarter. Wheb it didn't jam or stove pipe. The gun simth could never get it to the reliable I wanted.

I'll get back here to let you know after I have used and abused it enough to judge it.

How many rounds did you ever get through that Custom 1911?

When I had this thing done up back in 1991. I had to go through a process that looked something like
clean after 25 rnds, then 50, then 100, That lasted a while.
Then, maybe 250.

Its at 60,000 rnds now and I don't even think about

But since it was put together like a race motor, there was a wearing in period.

I believe its inherent in the design if you want a good one. Most of the half-plastic stuff nowadays is so goddamn loose and sloppy, that they function pretty good from the get go. (They don't shoot as good )

Maybe all you need is another 1000-2000rnds through that thing?

How many rounds did you ever get through that Custom 1911?

When I had this thing done up back in 1991. I had to go through a process that looked something like
clean after 25 rnds, then 50, then 100, That lasted a while.
Then, maybe 250.

Its at 60,000 rnds now and I don't even think about

But since it was put together like a race motor, there was a wearing in period.

I believe its inherent in the design if you want a good one. Most of the half-plastic stuff nowadays is so goddamn loose and sloppy, that they function pretty good from the get go. (They don't shoot as good )

Maybe all you need is another 1000-2000rnds through that thing?

I put about 1000 to 2000 rounds through it. It got better but I never trusted it because it would malfunction sometimes. I put all kinds of ammo through it. I finally traded it on something else.

On that subject I had a Colt Combat Comanander I loved and carried all the time. It was stock but I loved it. I fell on hard times and sold it. It killed me and even today I regret and miss it. I would get another but the prices are through the roof. But one day.

I put about 1000 to 2000 rounds through it. It got better but I never trusted it because it would malfunction sometimes. I put all kinds of ammo through it. I finally traded it on something else.

On that subject I had a Colt Combat Comanander I loved and carried all the time. It was stock but I loved it. I fell on hard times and sold it. It killed me and even today I regret and miss it. I would get another but the prices are through the roof. But one day.

Its getting harder to find real 1911 gunsmiths, and the good ones, are outrageous. That one of mine cost $1200 in 91. I think $3000 to $4000 would be equivalent nowadays, who wants to spend that level loot for a lead slinger!

Totally agreed that it's worth a try for what you describe. And concur that the complaints are always the size and looks of the thing, not that it doesn't go bang when it should.

Definitely report back your experience.

What's your current favorite handgun?

Its getting harder to find real 1911 gunsmiths, and the good ones, are outrageous. That one of mine cost $1200 in 91. I think $3000 to $4000 would be equivalent nowadays, who wants to spend that level loot for a lead slinger!

I guess you, back in your younger, wilder days. :cool:

Or me, who has dropped over $4k on four different pistols. :eek::D

Totally agreed that it's worth a try for what you describe. And concur that the complaints are always the size and looks of the thing, not that it doesn't go bang when it should.

Definitely report back your experience.

What's your current favorite handgun?

I guess you, back in your younger, wilder days. :cool:

Or me, who has dropped over $4k on four different pistols. :eek::D

Right now now my Springfield xds 45 subcompact. Small powerfull. It's accurate at close distance only limit is rounds. 5 or 6 mag.

Not to sound snooty.... :oops: Makes me wonder what it's beating out.

I not one to spend a lot on a gun. I have an lcp max , old ruger 2" 357 and a few other handguns. I stopped buying expensive pistols when the prices skyrocketed.

I love the old ruger security 6 357. SS with the 2" barrel but after awhile it's like carrying a boat anchor in your pocket.

I want something that I can count on to fire and hits where I aim. My view of any use of a pistol in a self-defense situation ( from some experience and others with more experience) will be at close range, happen fast. I tend to try and get as comfortable as I can with what I have so they become like an extention of my arm. Now that I have more time and a little more money I may look at a 1911 and a couple of others.

Back