What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I went by my local store and the shelves were bare bones only. NO ammo at all. I was looking at a shotgun, Sig-556, or an AK. The person at the counter said "forget it, I can't get my hands on jack squat. Since the pandemic, everything is sold out and the replacement date is.... "When it gets there."

<Fedor23>

@Gregolian

I got a Cytac holster. It's for the range so no need to conceal.

So one tip I got watching Tony Cowden talking about dots is from your push out the dot will always drop in from 12, just keep bringing the muzzle down to level and the dot will drop in. Start slow and speed it up. It will be very natural after a few practice sessions. Honestly after practicing/shooting with a dot it made improvements to my irons as well.

I noticed bringing the gun up to the chest and pushing out helped, vs. the usual swinging motion. Got I hate discipline.

I went by my local store and the shelves were bare bones only. NO ammo at all. I was looking at a shotgun, Sig-556, or an AK. The person at the counter said "forget it, I can't get my hands on jack squat. Since the pandemic, everything is sold out and the replacement date is.... "When it gets there."

<Fedor23>

They still make the Sig 556?

@Gregolian

I got a Cytac holster. It's for the range so no need to conceal.

I noticed bringing the gun up to the chest and pushing out helped, vs. the usual swinging motion. Got I hate discipline.

They still make the Sig 556?

I was going to see if I could order one. I might just settle for the Shotgun instead. I know they'll never stop making them.

C'mon man!

The problem is that while I got a heckuva deal at the time ($1650 or so?), prices dropped considerably thereafter and I hate to take a loss. :mad:

Was hoping they'd shoot back up if the supply ever dried up. It's this version, sans bipod and optic. Comes with rail covers. 50 rounds through it, if that.

PM me and maybe we can work something out. Keep in mind shipping is gonna be about $75.

SIG-SG-556-5.56mm-SWAT.jpg

The problem is that while I got a heckuva deal at the time ($1650 or so?), prices dropped considerably thereafter and I hate to take a loss. :mad:

Was hoping they'd shoot back up if the supply ever dried up. It's this version, sans bipod and optic. Comes with rail covers. 50 rounds through it, if that.

PM me and maybe we can work something out. Keep in mind shipping is gonna be about $75.

Alright lemme think on it..

oCo1g6U.jpg

EF9lggB.jpg

Got my modlite package.

Waiting on the modbutton to get back in stock to have it mounted up on an AR.

The 18350 body is so compact, basically the same length as a surefire titan if you exclude the surefire rear cap.

I'll get a weapon body for the 18650 batteries shortly. It's also smaller than I was expecting.

Comparing the OKW vs PLHv2 light heads.

The OKW has ridiculous throw. It easily surpasses the surefire P3X. The OKW does lack spill, you can still see clearly but side by side with the P3X and P2X they have much more spill. Using the p3x and okw at the same time is interesting as the beam and hot spot of the okw easily cut through the surefire light. This light head would be great if you live on a bunch of land and needed to possibly id targets/predators/whatever at long range.

The PLHV2 I feel is the better overall light head unless you want/need maximum long range target identification of the OKW. Excellent throw, still easily surpassing the P3X fury. It has noticeably more spill, still less than the surefires but it has plenty enough and a very well defined clear hot spot.

Also 18350 and 18650 rechargeable batteries > CR123a

Vortex Razor gen iii 1-10x24 EBR-9C MRAD

RZR-11002-Pic1__74296.1585597275.jpg

vtx_rfl_razorhd3_1-10x24_cap_bl_w.jpg

vtx_ret_razorhd3_ebr-9_mrad_close-up.jpg

Backordered through optics planet

They had a 15% bonus bucks promotion and it stacked with a 5% discount code. It's $285 of bonus bucks which will be applied to a Scalarworks mount.

So shipped, W/ tax and with the bonus bucks discount it's $1760.

oCo1g6U.jpg

EF9lggB.jpg

Got my modlite package.

Waiting on the modbutton to get back in stock to have it mounted up on an AR.

The 18350 body is so compact, basically the same length as a surefire titan if you exclude the surefire rear cap.

I'll get a weapon body for the 18650 batteries shortly. It's also smaller than I was expecting.

Comparing the OKW vs PLHv2 light heads.

The OKW has ridiculous throw. It easily surpasses the surefire P3X. The OKW does lack spill, you can still see clearly but side by side with the P3X and P2X they have much more spill. Using the p3x and okw at the same time is interesting as the beam and hot spot of the okw easily cut through the surefire light. This light head would be great if you live on a bunch of land and needed to possibly id targets/predators/whatever at long range.

The PLHV2 I feel is the better overall light head unless you want/need maximum long range target identification of the OKW. Excellent throw, still easily surpassing the P3X fury. It has noticeably more spill, still less than the surefires but it has plenty enough and a very well defined clear hot spot.

Also 18350 and 18650 rechargeable batteries > CR123a

Was watching the fights last night and didn't feel like taking a walk after so I just used it in my backyard and around my house.

Just went out for a night walk with the okw flashlight and damn. The throw is absolutely amazing. Like very clear defined spot lights at 100+ yards.

This picture is so American that it makes me want grits and mac 'n cheese.

Pretty sure I grabbed a Modbutton. I got an order in but we'll see. After ordering I went back to the product page and it was out of stock.. Some sites sold out in as little as 20-60 seconds.

Edit order confirmed
<GinJuice>

Last edited:
Looking to add a light to my Mossberg 500 tactical. Anyone got a good option to recommend? Not looking to drop $300 on a surefire, but not looking for $30 cheap Chinese crap either.

Back