What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Upgrading my light game.

Modlite 18350 PLHv2 weapon light with surefire tail cap.
images

I still need to get their modbutton when it comes back in stock. Set up will look like this
modbutton-1_large.jpg

If I can't get a modbutton I'll get a unity hot button

Modlite 18650 okw handheld
ModlitePLHV2-V2-9_df25ac7e-553c-4849-a483-88e5d9cd3a54_1200x.jpg

I'll likely buy an 18650 weapon light body for it as well later.

Heads are swappable so I can use the plh2 or okw head on whatever I want.

This gun I’ll likely leave stock save for the grips.

I decided to go all out and sent it off to Cajun Gun Works. Don't really think it's any better than the stock 85 Combat. So to me you're making the right choice.

How much are they running?

Cool.

I went with wood on mine. Threw a red dot on too but don't like it. Would take it off but then I gotta reattach the OEM sight or maybe pick another, and that's somehow too difficult. :D

Dry fire and mess around aiming with it at home. Took me a little bit to get used to a dot but once you do it's pretty awesome.

Why's that an issue?
I get overly particular about my holsters lol.

I still haven’t grabbed one for my P10C cause I can’t decide if I’m sticking with an RTI system or jumping to the Safariland ALS

I get overly particular about my holsters lol.

I still haven’t grabbed one for my P10C cause I can’t decide if I’m sticking with an RTI system or jumping to the Safariland ALS

I forget which one I picked up for the P10C. Seems alright, but it's the only one I've ever bought and got it for the wife.

Not a bad idea. It makes me feel claustrophobic. :D

For me I just picked out a bunch of random stuff to dry fire(dead trigger) at and transition from one to the next. Practiced push out dry fire and transition. Once you get the dot/target acquisition down it's really enjoyable to shoot pistols with a dot. Also I really enjoy legit dry fire with a dot. It makes you very aware of your shortcomings.

For me I just picked out a bunch of random stuff to dry fire(dead trigger) at and transition from one to the next. Practiced push out dry fire and transition. Once you get the dot/target acquisition down it's really enjoyable to shoot pistols with a dot. Also I really enjoy legit dry fire with a dot. It makes you very aware of your shortcomings.

Yeah, I seem to have the muzzle up to high at first and I'm like where the fuck's my dot. And yes, watching it shake all over the place is humbling.

Yeah, I seem to have the muzzle up to high at first and I'm like where the fuck's my dot. And yes, watching it shake all over the place is humbling.

So one tip I got watching Tony Cowden talking about dots is from your push out the dot will always drop in from 12, just keep bringing the muzzle down to level and the dot will drop in. Start slow and speed it up. It will be very natural after a few practice sessions. Honestly after practicing/shooting with a dot it made improvements to my irons as well.

Back