What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Just ordered the Kahles K16i 3gr. I am really excited about it. I have a Razor, which is a great 1-6 optic.

Went with this for a couple of reasons: the glass is nightforce clear, it's really good. The eye box is very forgiving. The 2 dots is handy. I'll do a 50m on the center, and 400m on the bottom. That gives me a holdover at close distances as well as the ability to rapidly take longer shots.

Weighs 6oz less than the Razor, and is about ~$1000 less than the CQBSS or NF 1-6 or 1-8.

Kahles-K16iCat-Header.jpg

@Mike Hagger

What's your opinion on the Razor? Worth the price point? I'm debating saving up for one or getting a Viper PST Gen 2 for my 6.5 build down the road.

Gun would be purely for the bench/having fun/trying out hand loads and shit.

@Mike Hagger

What's your opinion on the Razor? Worth the price point? I'm debating saving up for one or getting a Viper PST Gen 2 for my 6.5 build down the road.

Gun would be purely for the bench/having fun/trying out hand loads and shit.
You're kind of right in my wheelhouse there.

To be specific I have the Razor II, the 1-6. For 1200 (mil prodeal) 1350 w/o? (i think), it's nice. For the 1-400m distance. Especially on a .223, or a 'battle rifle' setup. However, I know a decent amount about Vortex scopes, and many others.

Gosh, I think that's a tough one. It sounds like to me, you'd be good to go with a Viper PST or a Bushnell HDMR. I might even recommend you check out NF and Leuapold bench rest scopes. For that type of work. If you're mostly on a bench or really not treating your rifle rough, it could be an option. They're not as durable, but their adjustments are smaller, and they're cheaper for glass that has a high magnification. It's very handy to be able to spot and measure your shots without moving to a spotting scope. Which these type of optics provide.

The Viper is a great scope if you're going to maybe carry it into the woods, or might be a bit more rough with your rifle. I would buy one quickly - but I like the Horus/Tremor reticles so I went with the Bushnell HDMR - similar price point to the Viper. Which I use for long range shooting, testing, hunting, random range days. I can toss around my gun with a viper or a hdmr with more reckless abandon than a bench scope.

In any case, if you want to save the around 3g's for a Razor AMG - I would just grab NF in that instance. I can't harp enough NF makes the best long range glass right now. From turret design to quality of glass and durability, NF is #1. That's not saying the high quality Razor isn't good - the reputation just isn't as good as another companies making that top of the line stuff.

You're kind of right in my wheelhouse there.

To be specific I have the Razor II, the 1-6. For 1200 (mil prodeal) 1350 w/o? (i think), it's nice. For the 1-400m distance. Especially on a .223, or a 'battle rifle' setup. However, I know a decent amount about Vortex scopes, and many others.

Gosh, I think that's a tough one. It sounds like to me, you'd be good to go with a Viper PST or a Bushnell HDMR. I might even recommend you check out NF and Leuapold bench rest scopes. For that type of work. If you're mostly on a bench or really not treating your rifle rough, it could be an option. They're not as durable, but their adjustments are smaller, and they're cheaper for glass that has a high magnification. It's very handy to be able to spot and measure your shots without moving to a spotting scope. Which these type of optics provide.

The Viper is a great scope if you're going to maybe carry it into the woods, or might be a bit more rough with your rifle. I would buy one quickly - but I like the Horus/Tremor reticles so I went with the Bushnell HDMR - similar price point to the Viper. Which I use for long range shooting, testing, hunting, random range days. I can toss around my gun with a viper or a hdmr with more reckless abandon than a bench scope.

In any case, if you want to save the around 3g's for a Razor AMG - I would just grab NF in that instance. I can't harp enough NF makes the best long range glass right now. From turret design to quality of glass and durability, NF is #1. That's not saying the high quality Razor isn't good - the reputation just isn't as good as another companies making that top of the line stuff.
Thanks man.

I'll admit I am super SUPER partial to Vortex. Their lifetime warranty is impossible to beat. I actually think my hunting rifle which came with a Leupold VX-2 and my AR that has an MRO on it are the only NON Vortex glass I own.

I have a regular Viper Gen 1 SFP palling around that I could use but it has mil-dot's with a MOA adjustment... I bought it on sale as a newbie and didn't realize how jacked that was. Figure I'll mount it on some fun like .375 H&H gun down the line.

Based on what you wrote I think I'll end up with the PST Gen 2 with MRAD reticle and adjustments. Their zero stop system and that warranty are glorious. At least the PST will end up on my Creedmoor build.

My AR-10 MK12 clone I keep blabbering about is going to 100% end up with a Viper Diamondback Tactical FFP in like 6-25x50 with MRAD simply cause I want that thing to be built to take a beating where I don't need perfect glass.

Thanks man.

I'll admit I am super SUPER partial to Vortex. Their lifetime warranty is impossible to beat. I actually think my hunting rifle which came with a Leupold VX-2 and my AR that has an MRO on it are the only NON Vortex glass I own.

I have a regular Viper Gen 1 SFP palling around that I could use but it has mil-dot's with a MOA adjustment... I bought it on sale as a newbie and didn't realize how jacked that was. Figure I'll mount it on some fun like .375 H&H gun down the line.

Based on what you wrote I think I'll end up with the PST Gen 2 with MRAD reticle and adjustments. Their zero stop system and that warranty are glorious. At least the PST will end up on my Creedmoor build.

My AR-10 MK12 clone I keep blabbering about is going to 100% end up with a Viper Diamondback Tactical FFP in like 6-25x50 with MRAD simply cause I want that thing to be built to take a beating where I don't need perfect glass.
Vortex is really good, and offers a lot, at a reasonable price. The military pro deal is really nice as well.

I cannot stand scopes that mix MIL and MOA. Definitely have to go MOA with MOA and MIL with MIL. I have grown very accustomed to MILs, it's really all I use.

Sounds like you have a good plan bro.

3000351.jpg

https://www.rkguns.com/kimber-aegis...00351.html?utm_source=gundeals&utm_medium=cse

Kimber has hit and miss reliability from what I've read, probably better than most in this price range. I guess a long break in is suggested.

Maybe some others can chime in on them.

I have a Kimber Micro 9 for my CC and I do like it but it jams a little more than I'd care for it to. I love their look but I already basically have a smaller one so I'd rather go for something different.

The one odd thing with that gun is when I release a mag, I often get the top round sliding completely out of the mag upon releasing. They are seated properly in the mag and I even like to tap the back of the mag against my hand to ensure they are seated all the way in the back of the mag and it still happens. Can't figure it out. I think that's the source of the jamming issues.

Ideally, I'd like to keep it under ~$800 which means I'll end up dropping a cool 1k. Realistically, I'll probably end up looking at used.

For 9mm at that price, buying new, I suggest going here and searching for 1911 9mm commander. See if anything strikes your fancy.

Fucking Netflix Punisher series...

Really REALLY jones-ing to get a Springer TRP or like a Nighthawk Custom. NEED, SUPPRESSOR, FIRST.

Felt like upgrading ears and eyes.

Master_Silencer-BT-Charging-Case-1.jpg

875143.jpg

Walkers-Silencer-BT-App-Interface.jpg

MAG1021-930_Terrain_Gray_Rose_BlueMirror_01.png

MAG1021-930_Terrain_Gray_Rose_BlueMirror_04.png

Features:

• Constructed of TR90NZZ, the frames combine lightweight construction and ballistic protection, providing rugged strength and flexibility with maximum overall coverage
  • Ballistic Rated Z87+ and MIL-PRF 32432 lenses and frames meet both high velocity impact protection and safety ratings
  • Oleophobic treatment of lenses provides liquid and other chemical protection and added scratch resistance. Anti-reflective coating on inside of lenses minimizes distracting reflections
  • Available with polarized and non-polarized lenses
  • Padded low profile temples integrate smoothly under helmets, communication headsets and over the ear hearing protection
  • Coated stainless steel pins provide simple but dependable hinge functionality
  • Rubber nose and temple pads are overmolded to the frame for durability

Felt like upgrading ears and eyes.

Master_Silencer-BT-Charging-Case-1.jpg

875143.jpg

Walkers-Silencer-BT-App-Interface.jpg
For me with ears I just run foam earplugs with some Impact electronic muffs over the top.

Really want to upgrade to MSA Sordin's or those fancy Peltor's cause you can replace the cups with like gel cups and shit like that plus there's more accessories for them but I just can't afford it right now.

Thanks.

I don't mind the Impact ones though I know the more hoighty toighty gun industry folks that get YouTube likes shit on them for whatever reason.

I have to run them with earplugs in addition because if I don't the right hand one gets bumped by stocks I use just cause of how my head is built and as such the seal doesn't stay.

I've tried Peltors and ear pro models that are in the $2-300, mildly more comfortable and better audio but the impacts are just fine. The ear pro gold(I believe) was too bulky to comfortably shoot prone. Didn't allow check weld I wanted without them seriously in the way.

I've read about those Gel pods for the impacts as a major improvement, I'll probably buy them for mine later today.

I've tried Peltors and ear pro models that are in the $2-300, mildly more comfortable and better audio but the impacts are just fine. The ear pro gold(I believe) was too bulky to comfortably shoot prone. Didn't allow check weld I wanted without them seriously in the way.

I've read about those Gel pods for the impacts as a major improvement, I'll probably buy them for mine later today.
I know it's dumb as shit but a friend of mine bought two essentially bump helmet looking ballistic helmets and I might grab one from him. One of those "if I can get it why the fuck not it isn't illegal" sorta things and I know the MSAs and Peltor's can fit/mount to the helmet whereas Impacts can't.

Back