• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's your mp3 player?

What do you use to play your portable music?

• Total voters
iPod but seriously fuck iTunes. Biggest pain in the ass ever. My old INOi MP3 player was so much easier to use.

I have a Creative Labs one (easy to use, good sound, tons of space) and a Rocoo P (smaller, better sound, built in headphone amp, less memory, menus not as easy to use) that I need to send out for repair. Both can play tons of formats and most of my stuff is either .wav or 320 kbps mp3. I plan on getting a Pono player soon, I just have other things I have to deal with first (they are pretty expensive, but their sound is the best, and they can play all hd formats, and can hold up to 128 gb).

Could never use a phone to play music or use some service like iTunes where I don't own my music, I just buy cd's rip the cd's to digital then toss them and the artwork in a massive 500 cd folder (the cd cases that are unique I keep), or buy music files that I actually own.

I have a Creative Labs one (easy to use, good sound, tons of space) and a Rocoo P (smaller, better sound, built in headphone amp, less memory, menus not as easy to use) that I need to send out for repair. Both can play tons of formats and most of my stuff is either .wav or 320 kbps mp3. I plan on getting a Pono player soon, I just have other things I have to deal with first (they are pretty expensive, but their sound is the best, and they can play all hd formats, and can hold up to 128 gb).

Could never use a phone to play music or use some service like iTunes where I don't own my music, I just buy cd's rip the cd's to digital then toss them and the artwork in a massive 500 cd folder (the cd cases that are unique I keep), or buy music files that I actually own.
Those Pono things seem like a scam. 128gb holds like 12 songs in those formats, and I've heard people can't distinguish lossless formats from lossy blinded.

people still have music players separate from their phones?
Sure. With a cubic volume of 16.4mL and a weight of 1.1oz (31g), for cardio or Crossfit, the iPod Nanos (7th Gen) can't be beat:

ipod-nano-product-spacegray-2015-850x850.png

7th Gen = $111 (Brand New, Silver)
Amazon product ASIN B0097BEDOC
*8th Gen = $175 (Brand New, Space Gray, w/accessory bundle)
Amazon product ASIN B0189I29FI*July 2015 re-release of 7th Gen blueprint

+

Amazon product ASIN B00CST4LBK
+

Amazon product ASIN B00E0GRRR4

Last edited:
Music you actually own? iTunes lets you download the mp4/whatever file it is and turn it manually to mp3 via iTunes and play it wherever. What's the problem? I like that I can buy it on computer, then also download it on iPod or copy it from computer to iPod.

The thing that bugs me is when I get the stupid Apple Music free trial screen and it won't let me out of it and I can't seem to be able to press "no thanks".

The thing I hate about iTunes Store is I can't search by artist or title or proximity search or quote search. It gives too many garbage search results. It has a K-pop genre section, but no J-pop section.

I've got an iPod

Don't like Apple and would never buy any of their shit. But I had to get an iPod as a store exchange. I hate to admit it but it's pretty boss

I have a shit ton of music, so the phone doesn't work for me.
Same here my iPod is always maxed out so always having to uncheck.certain songs. Usually put brand new music on my phone.

I got a 160gb iPod classic I bought quite a few years ago. Still works great including the battery.

Same here even though i've filled it up and need to get another mp3 player for the rest of my stuff

My old S3mini...fits in my pockert better than the S6 I use for phone and YoutubeRed lets you download and listen offline...also you can turn screen off and it's ad free. Totally worth 10$ a month.

It was a close one between my phone and Daddario.

iPod touch,when I'm at the gym,i don't want to be answering calls,it can wait till I'm done.

My HTC phone. Have only used phones as MP3 players actually.. even 10 years ago.

I use this little piece of sh*t ...
5182100.jpg

Only use it when i go out to train on the days i dont feel like going to the gym.
Its small, simple and reliable.

Ipod - up on till last year I had an Ipod classic because it had loads of space and I only used it for music. It died on me last year.

So I invested in 120G Ipod touch. I still mainly use it for music but their are a few apps I downloaded and use now such as the boxing timer. I also like used the camera as it is way better than my phone camera (old phone). Still mainly for music use.

Sandisk mp3 player has lasted me about 10+ years and given no problems

Back