• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Jiri Prochazca win the rematch?

Same as Pereira which was aswell controlled on ground and eaten few elbows...right? If Jiri listened to coach and taken Pereira down again as coach was yelling on him - to stop hunting.... Pereira lost. So dont try to arrange it as some kind of one sided fight.
Yes he should have taken him down again but when he had him there he needed to commit to inflicting damage too. He was too passive there and also too passive in just letting this guy get back up uncontested

then Pereira chopped him down, started to find the range and then put Jiri down.
I dont think this is what happened.

Jiri was doing fine. He popped alex and alex backed up and i think Jiri got too overexcited and went for an overhand with no setup which is what poatan capitalized on. It was more a overzealous mistake than anything. He hadnt been throwing that before. He was feinting and setting up his shots previous.

Yes he should have taken him down again but when he had him there he needed to commit to inflicting damage too. He was too passive there and also too passive in just letting this guy get back up uncontested
Jiri simply wanted to knock him out...beat him in his own game. He didnt want to win via grappling....

Everyone on this site so sure of outcomes, but I see very few bet slips.

Just trying to force the takedown against Alex I don't see being very effective personally unless your a REALLY good DC level wrestler or your a really great grappler who can hold him down and potential finish him.

Alex seems like he's focused a lot of his anti grappling on making sure people have to work hard, Jan won the first round against him but it was a pyrrhic victory like Cain vs Werdum, he had to work so hard to get Alex down and keep him down that he was tired by the second round.

The way to grapple Alex I think its moreso to time it well and catch him off balance, push forward and then switch to grappling as he backs up ala Randy/Chuck 1. If he's already back against the cage to balance with its too late to get an easy takedown, your going to need to work hard.

Jiri simply wanted to knock him out...beat him in his own game. He didnt want to win via grappling....
Fuck that, win at all costs. He could have inflicted heavy damage from the top like he did w Glover

Just trying to force the takedown against Alex I don't see being very effective personally unless your a REALLY good DC level wrestler or your a really great grappler who can hold him down and potential finish him.

Alex seems like he's focused a lot of his anti grappling on making sure people have to work hard, Jan won the first round against him but it was a pyrrhic victory like Cain vs Werdum, he had to work so hard to get Alex down and keep him down that he was tired by the second round.
I dont think he should force it, but its a viable option. The fight was only less than 2 rds though so maybe he would have tried again later.

The worst part is Jiris last fight was wild and violent. He took lots of damage in that fight while Alex knocked his opponent out fast and didn't take any damage. There's no way Jiri is ready.

I think his best chance is honestly to come at Alex full force as early in the fight as possible and finish before he gets the counter or at least hurt Alex enough to take him out of the fight.

So in other words: precipitate what happened last time. Jiri is in there with a much better striker. His best bet is to focus on grappling.

Jiri fucking cracks and if he catches Alex, Alex will take a nap, as vice versa. This fight is about who lands the killshot first. I look for Jiri to get Alex out early and if not, Alex gets his reads and finds the target by the 3rd.

Maybe that isn't what you mean, but this reads like you giving Jiri the advantage early. Alex is a cerebral fighter and will take his time, but he really doesn't need much - just look at how quickly he took care of Strickland and Hill (2-3 minutes). Plus he's already fought Jiri, so the magical unorthodoxy that everyone seems to be banking on is not such a mystery to him anymore.

Jiri can catch Alex, for sure, but he is the underdog here, if he goes the striking route. If he fights like a grappler, avoiding exchanges and looking strictly for opportunities to lock up, who knows..

Fuck that, win at all costs. He could have inflicted heavy damage from the top like he did w Glover
i Absolutely agree but my personal opinion is that Jiri wanted to show world that he can beat Pereira everywhere...ego. Mainly in interviews before first fight he was hinting that he wants to win in stand up. + another factor was arm injury. As i said before it was reportedly not healed yet. So who knows how much was Jiri able to grapple. Rematch should be very different tho...

Reactions: HHJ
Jiri's team did not say it and was talking in superlatives about Jiri before first fight, but they were not honest.. - These people are not in USA with Jiri again.Jiri's arm was not healed when he faced Pereira (Jiri personally recently said that he was basically fighting Pereira with one arm). He aswell had staph infection and his preparation was +-1 week long. Still had his moments and was winning until he made mistake. + Fluke stoppage from Goddard
wow, this is big nogs big books of excuses times a million

I dont think he should force it, but its a viable option. The fight was only less than 2 rds though so maybe he would have tried again later.
Idealy I'd say he should be drilling some quick trasitions to takedowns rather than depending on forcing them though with just raw power against the cage.

yeah if he can take pereira down
striking? no he cant

I think it’s possible but Alex has a bad style for him, Jan is probably Alex’s biggest threat at 205

One interesting aspect is there are countlessly many Brazilian fighters including brazilian strikers in the UFC now and throughout UFC history, and Jiri is one of the very few Czech fighters ever in the UFC. Both guys are quite special fighters in their own rights. Bit of a similar vibe to someone like Dricus du Plessis where you hardly ever get any Saffas in the UFC but Dricus has gone straight to the top.

Jiri also doesn’t really seem to have one lunch power but more swarming stoppage ability. I don’t think Jiri is THAt dangerous for alex

Jiri should wrestel
He definitely has 1 shot power. Did you see rakic response every time he got hit? Or the 1 punch ko of volkan?

The guy has 13 straight ko's on his record out of 26 stoppages. The dude has serious power

He definitely has 1 shot power. Did you see rakic response every time he got hit? Or the 1 punch ko of volkan?

The guy has 13 straight ko's on his record out of 26 stoppages. The dude has serious power
I said one lunch power man

Back