• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's your mp3 player?

What do you use to play your portable music?

• Total voters
I just use my phone, but I've heard good things about the Fiio X5.

FiiO%2BX5%2BII%2BReview.jpg

I have a Fiio headphone amp and am impressed with the sound and build quality.

Nice.

I have a series 7 iPod nano with Fiio E18.

What kind of headphones are you using btw?

My daughter uses an cheap old one we bought her several years ago. It's a source of surprise amongst her friends . There's only 1 amongst 10 or so who knew what it was...

Fiio X3:

61e1-qN16wL._SX425_.jpg

With FLAC on it or DSD. I don't listen to many mp3's nowadays.

200GB is definitely enough for what I need. I'll probably just go with that. Thanks!

I've never actually put music from my macbook onto my galaxy s5. Hopefully it's not too much of a pain in the ass.

Galaxy S5 can take up to a 128GB Micro SD card. $20

upload_2019-3-21_10-19-57.png

I use a few Sony mp3 players, the NWZ series I think they all are. Different models but each 16gb.
Also have some wee Asian one that I use at home to Bluetooth music with when not using physical media or a hard drive.
And a couple of cheap travellers as well that I don't mind losing or busting when I go away

I gotta have options

I just saw an article saying Airpods of early adopters are now starting to lose the ability to hold a charge. Sounds like an expensive rental rather than a product you can use for many years.

Currently using this as my day to day mp3 player:
Fiio M7
Music---FiiO-M7.jpg

I want to find something better sounding than my 1st gen. FiiO X3, but i don't know which one would be better?
I've tried the 2nd gen. X3 but it has lack of bass. Tried an X5 but didn't like the sound. It's so risky buying something and then giving it a listen and realizing you've wasted hundreds of dollars.[like i have.]

I want one that has good, noticeable bass, that's a dealbreaker. It's not that i listen to dance music, but it has to have good bass. Trouble is i've given up trying to find a better sounding player as the last two i bought weren't to my liking. Actually i've just remembered i did buy another player a couple of yrs ago but i can't recall the name of it. It got really good reviews. It got delivered and i then realized it didn't actually have an EQ, which i found unbelievable! I wrongly assumed every player in the world would have an EQ, but i was very, very, very, very, very, wrong.

Sandisk sport MP3 player. It’s super lite and convenient. No need to open a special program on your computer to load songs onto it. Just the clock and drag method.

This thread would be cooler if it was about people's first mp3 player, basically nobody uses one now that android phone's exist. Mine was a little battery operated one that only had 256mb.

This thread would be cooler if it was about people's first mp3 player, basically nobody uses one now that android phone's exist. Mine was a little battery operated one that only had 256mb.
I use iPod Touch 6 to avoid draining my iPhone battery.

Back