• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Karen Read Trial

I've been following this case for what feels like two years. I've never really followed a case but I found this one so interesting I couldn't pass it up.

That said, Occams Razor should tell us that Karen Read hit John with her car. However, this town is full of shady characters. Multiple butt dials, strange google searches, tossing evidence (sim card in one area and the phone in another??), terrible evidence collection (red solo cups??), nasty text messages and just a general conflict of interest.

I could listen to Jackson all day though. That dude is an awesome lawyer.

Why does GPS records show Karen's car backed up for 60 feet at 24mph? Did the police fake that?

Plenty of weird stuff never makes it to the news. I worked in a capacity within the UK magistrates courts (literally every case goes through them before they decide if it needs to go to a higher court). A clerk of the court told me of a case involving 3 young boys, 8, 9 and 10 years old, a 12" plastic ruler and an adults leather belt....

Apparently the 9 and 10 year old was caught restraining the 8 year old with a belt and buggering him with the plastic ruler..... What was worse that this sort of weird case wasn't that uncommon and it was just the tip of the iceberg, lots weirder stuff goes on that you would never know about.

I've been following this case for what feels like two years. I've never really followed a case but I found this one so interesting I couldn't pass it up.

That said, Occams Razor should tell us that Karen Read hit John with her car. However, this town is full of shady characters. Multiple butt dials, strange google searches, tossing evidence (sim card in one area and the phone in another??), terrible evidence collection (red solo cups??), nasty text messages and just a general conflict of interest.

I could listen to Jackson all day though. That dude is an awesome lawyer.
The red solo cups are ridiculous to me. I was on an Evidence Reconstruction Team from 2016 to this year and have done countless crime scenes. The idea of using solo cups for blood doesn't make any sense to me. I can't think of a situation where that would be needed.

I agree, Jackson is an incredible lawyer and he is having a field day with these Canton people. I never knew Canton was so shady as I've never been even though it wasn't far from me growing up.
Why does GPS records show Karen's car backed up for 60 feet at 24mph? Did the police fake that?
Hard to say on that one. Backing out of a driveway onto a road like that would be difficult to do at that mph however. The road would not really allow that sort of driving. The thoughts on the defense were she did a K turn to get out but driving in reverse that far would be like a stunt driver lol.

Anyone here following the Karen Read trial?

It is insane what is happening in the state of Massachusetts.

Link to catch up: Karen Read Gist

Boston Police Officer John O’Keefe was found unresponsive in the front yard of another officer’s suburban home on a snowy morning two years ago. He was pronounced dead shortly after, and his girlfriend, Karen Read, was charged in his murder.

Read, 44, has claimed innocence and alleged a far-reaching conspiracy among law enforcement officers to frame her in the killing.

I am no conspiracy theorist, but this case reeks of cover-up. Go down the rabbit hole and let's discuss.

So far, I think the Albert son, Colin was VERY involved in addition to Brian Higgins, the ATF agent. None of it adds up and this story doesn't make sense.

I've done investigations for more than a decade and a half, in addition to accident reconstructions for high-level attorneys/insurance companies...a vehicle in a driveway could NOT have done this damage.

Take into account a blizzard was starting when this happened, and I see reasonable doubt all over.

Let's chat!
Guilty. She should spend whatever many years in jail and make payments to the car so it can it's lights fixed.

You would think that when cops are involved in a murder then they wouldn't let their local cop buddies handle the investigation.

Why isn't there a law or something that forces a neutral agency to handle the investigation, like Internal affairs, the FBI, or even a police department from another city. Any agency that isn't full of dudes that are friends with the victim/suspects.

Seems obvious.

Anyone here following the Karen Read trial?

It is insane what is happening in the state of Massachusetts.

Link to catch up: Karen Read Gist

Boston Police Officer John O’Keefe was found unresponsive in the front yard of another officer’s suburban home on a snowy morning two years ago. He was pronounced dead shortly after, and his girlfriend, Karen Read, was charged in his murder.

Read, 44, has claimed innocence and alleged a far-reaching conspiracy among law enforcement officers to frame her in the killing.

I am no conspiracy theorist, but this case reeks of cover-up. Go down the rabbit hole and let's discuss.

So far, I think the Albert son, Colin was VERY involved in addition to Brian Higgins, the ATF agent. None of it adds up and this story doesn't make sense.

I've done investigations for more than a decade and a half, in addition to accident reconstructions for high-level attorneys/insurance companies...a vehicle in a driveway could NOT have done this damage.

Take into account a blizzard was starting when this happened, and I see reasonable doubt all over.

Let's chat!
It's a conspiracy... oh wait it isn't... oh wait

Trooper Proctor is a definite POS. That McCabe woman seems suspicious as f**k as well.
She may be guilty? IDK obviously, but the defense has done a spectacular job in providing reasonable doubt with what I consider a botched investigation.

You would think that when cops are involved in a murder then they wouldn't let their local cop buddies handle the investigation.

Why isn't there a law or something that forces a neutral agency to handle the investigation, like Internal affairs, the FBI, or even a police department from another city. Any agency that isn't full of dudes that are friends with the victim/suspects.

Seems obvious.
The state police handled it. Just so happens the lead investigator has ties with the McCabes he didn't disclose, and fed information to his sister who is Jen McCabes best friend.
Really poorly handled case imo

where’d you grow up?
New England...all the states except Vermont.

Seems obvious.
Yeah that part is the reasonable doubt I'd need. Everything else is just insane!
Trooper Proctor is a definite POS. That McCabe woman seems suspicious as f**k as well.
She may be guilty? IDK obviously, but the defense has done a spectacular job in providing reasonable doubt with what I consider a botched investigation.
Jen McCabe is really troubling. I found it interesting that none of them went to "their friend" John's funeral either.
The state police handled it. Just so happens the lead investigator has ties with the McCabes he didn't disclose, and fed information to his sister who is Jen McCabes best friend.
Really poorly handled case imo
Yeah, it just smells fishy for that fact alone, even if you knew nothing else. Giant red flags!

New England...all the states except Vermont.

Yeah that part is the reasonable doubt I'd need. Everything else is just insane!

Jen McCabe is really troubling. I found it interesting that none of them went to "their friend" John's funeral either.

Yeah, it just smells fishy for that fact alone, even if you knew nothing else. Giant red flags!
I've been listening to the daily court proceedings, but that Boston accent kills me lol.
How do they decide when the Rs are silent?

What did you think about Proctors texts about Karen's leaky balloon knot?

What did you think about Proctors texts about Karen's leaky balloon knot?
I think jokes are jokes, especially made in private, but someone along the line, maybe the judge, should've stopped that from becoming publicly available. Now even if she's found not guilty she's still been publicly humiliated.

I think jokes are jokes, especially made in private, but someone along the line, maybe the judge, should've stopped that from becoming publicly available. Now even if she's found not guilty she's still been publicly humiliated.
Yeah, but given the circumstances he should have been more professional. He might have thought it was in private, but his job literally puts all that info one FOIA request away from being public.
Why should the judge have stopped it?

To keep an innocent until proven guilty woman from being publicly humiliated
What if that public humiliation is enough for the jury to decide the department was completely unprofessional and incompetent?

I'm assuming that's why the defense team made Trooper Proctor read it word for word.
It might be humiliating, but it's one of those things that can only help you in court.

I think everyone knows I’m not a huge fan of most cops.
But, uh… she fucking killed him. The evidence all adds up to that. This one is open and shut.

But vehicle data from Read’s SUV showed that at 12:45 a.m., while outside Albert’s home, the Lexus traveled backward for 60 feet at 24 mph, Lally said. The SUV’s tail light was broken, Lally said, and pieces of the light were later found outside Albert’s home.

Forensic testing showed that O’Keefe’s hair was found on the vehicle’s bumper and his DNA was found on the taillight, Lally said. Investigators also found the remnants of a cocktail that appears to have been spilled on the bumper, the prosecutor said. O’Keefe was captured on video leaving the bar with a cocktail in his hand, and bits of what the prosecutor described as a drinking glass were found in the SUV’s bumper.

Even if the forensic evidence is somehow falsified, how does she explain backing up that far, that fast? The police department can’t access that data.

Ask yourself what is more likely here: That a woman in a volatile relationship with her boyfriend decided, while drunk and upset, to back over him with the car, or if the entire politics department is engaged in a conspiracy to cover up the murder of one of their own because another cop was attracted to that woman.

It’s the former.

I think everyone knows I’m not a huge fan of most cops.
But, uh… she fucking killed him. The evidence all adds up to that. This one is open and shut.

Even if the forensic evidence is somehow falsified, how does she explain backing up that far, that fast? The police department can’t access that data.

Ask yourself what is more likely here: That a woman in a volatile relationship with her boyfriend decided, while drunk and upset, to back over him with the car, or if the entire politics department is engaged in a conspiracy to cover up the murder of one of their own because another cop was attracted to that woman.

It’s the former.
But his injuries are inconsistent with being hit by a car.

He had several blunt force injuries to his head. And dog bites on his arm, and bruises on his hand. I think red beard was right. There was a fight in the basement, dog got involved, and Higgins and Colin beat him unconscious, then panicked and tried to cover it up.

It explains the basement floor being jackhammered and removed. It explains the dog bites and them getting rid of the dog. It explains why Higgins got rid of his cell phone.

The only evidence that works against this theory is the GPS info that shows her car backed up for 60 feet at 24mph. But even that's suspicious because it seems unlikely given the street layout and road conditions, so I suspect maybe they faked it somehow.

Maybe they got in her car and drove backwards fast, then somehow claimed it was from that night.

Back