Social whats your favorite gun

FN_P90_Standard-studio-001_1280x800.jpg

FN p90. I think all us gun nuts have had weapons that made an impression on us from shows or movies we watched. Whether it be Han Solos blaster or Don Johnson's Bren Ten. For me it was Stargate SG-1, which frequently showcased the p90. I've always wanted a real one, as the civvy one with the 16 inch barrel looks like shit.

Heckler &Koch G3. Gun collecters go fucking crazy for it, beatiful and timeless firearm

1920px-Heckler_%26_Koch_G3_Kunststoffschaft_Display_noBG.png

Heckler_%26_Koch_G3_Holzschaft_Display_noBG.png

I know it's tiny but my favorite handgun is the Glock 26 Gen 5 9mm. I had one back in Arizona & I loved it. It's compact, light & easy to carry without being conspicuous ( even though I never did get around to actually carrying mine ).
UA265S201__04683.1613491077.jpg

My favorite revolver was my S & W Airweight .38 special. My wife had one that matched it & when we went to the range she absolutely kicked my ass with her's. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn compared to her. But that's because her father was a huge gun enthusiast & collector so he took her shooting from the time she was a little girl.
sw163810_3_hr.jpg

People who have never shot a pistol or who watch too many movies have no idea how hard it is to hit something with a pistol.....especially a tiny revolver with a super short barrel like that.

Not my favorite or all time, but from my collection the most fun I have an old Sweedish Mauser from WWI and that thing STILL shoots accurate as heck!!

I had a buddy who modernized his by taking some of the wood off the front to make it lighter and it's a nice hunting rifle. A little light for anything that's larger game though unless you are a tremendous shot.
Mauser1-e1571330076461.jpg

People who have never shot a pistol or who watch too many movies have no idea how hard it is to hit something with a pistol.....especially a tiny revolver with a super short barrel like that.

Spot on, bro. The first time we went to the range I had a preconceived notion that I'd be pretty bad at first & then work my way up to mediocre over the course of the day. But I started out as terrible & worked my way up to... terrible. It wasn't until our third time that I was able to hit the target on purpose with any regularity.

I know it's tiny but my favorite handgun is the Glock 26 Gen 5 9mm. I had one back in Arizona & I loved it. It's compact, light & easy to carry without being conspicuous ( even though I never did get around to actually carrying mine ).
UA265S201__04683.1613491077.jpg

My favorite revolver was my S & W Airweight .38 special. My wife had one that matched it & when we went to the range she absolutely kicked my ass with her's. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn compared to her. But that's because her father was a huge gun enthusiast & collector so he took her shooting from the time she was a little girl.
sw163810_3_hr.jpg
I too like Glock 26 Gen 5 9mm.

I too like Glock 26 Gen 5 9mm.
It's a great gun, isn't it? I really wish I still had mine. But I had to give it & my S & W .38 up because I moved back to New York from Arizona & I don't have a NYS pistol permit.

Cliche answer, but I would say the AR. It is the most versatile gun in the world. Stick an upper on it in any barrel length from 7.5 to 20+ inches. From SMG for clearing buildings to long range precision rifle. Calibers from .22 to .50 Beowulf, as well as the .410 if you want a shotgun (on the AR-15 platform), as well as long range hard hitting rounds like the .308 and 6.5 (on the AR-10 platform). There's even an AR that can double as both an AR-15 AND an AR-10 (the Colt LE901). Easier and more ways to make the rifle compliant in ban states. The genius of Eugene Stoner's design makes it easy to modernize (unlike, say, an AK, which has severe limitations in terms of what can be changed/added).

Don't like the rear charging handle? You can get a side-charging upper. Don't like direct impingement? There's gas piston. Heck, even the buffer tube isn't a handicap... LAW adapters allow you to fold your stock. Easy to make fully ambidextrous, wrong-handed shooters rejoice. Great suppressor host. As reliable as any rifle (if you buy quality parts, not Anderson shit). More accessories available than you can shake your dick at. It is also sexy (although that can be ruined by going overboard with customization). You can have the classic M16 look with an A1 upper, or a modern look with a flat-top and a rail that covers most of the barrel. Huge ammo selection (well, pre-Rona, anyway) from Russian steel cased crap, to FMJs, to JHPs, to AP ammo.

Cliche answer, but I would say the AR. It is the most versatile gun in the world. Stick an upper on it in any barrel length from 7.5 to 20+ inches. From SMG for clearing buildings to long range precision rifle. Calibers from .22 to .50 Beowulf, as well as the .410 if you want a shotgun (on the AR-15 platform), as well as long range hard hitting rounds like the .308 and 6.5 (on the AR-10 platform). There's even an AR that can double as both an AR-15 AND an AR-10 (the Colt LE901). Easier and more ways to make the rifle compliant in ban states. The genius of Eugene Stoner's design makes it easy to modernize (unlike, say, an AK, which has severe limitations in terms of what can be changed/added).

Don't like the rear charging handle? You can get a side-charging upper. Don't like direct impingement? There's gas piston. Heck, even the buffer tube isn't a handicap... LAW adapters allow you to fold your stock. Easy to make fully ambidextrous, wrong-handed shooters rejoice. Great suppressor host. As reliable as any rifle (if you buy quality parts, not Anderson shit). More accessories available than you can shake your dick at. It is also sexy (although that can be ruined by going overboard with customization). You can have the classic M16 look with an A1 upper, or a modern look with a flat-top and a rail that covers most of the barrel. Huge ammo selection (well, pre-Rona, anyway) from Russian steel cased crap, to FMJs, to JHPs, to AP ammo.

I think I've come full circle and gotten over BRD. A little over a year ago I took my first factory complete AR that I bought in 2004 (Bushmaster Patrolman) and put in back in stock form, even with it's commercial buffer tube. Took a carbine course with it, too. It's probably my favorite AR as I type this.

Reactions: MT7
I love the AR pistol I built

My favorite is probably my AK.

My carry is an M&P shield 9mm.

I also love my bear gun, a springfield TRP operator 10mm.

Pistol
6159578434_749decf3a2_b.jpg

Sub Machinegun
latest

Rifle
remington-700.jpg

Shotgun
mstream.jpg

Glock 19
Glock-19-MOS-and-Trijicon-Red-Dot-Sight.jpg

M4 carbine
5952ab27254662702723910bd3746f02.jpg