What's your favorite alternative to alcohol?

Weed. They are having really good results using Pot to help addicts get off Alcohol and harder drugs. Seems to be a better alternative to just telling people "well that's it for you. No more partying of any kind for the rest of your life".

I hate how pot makes me dumb, though.

My math ability goes down to zero, and if I write something down I think is mind-blowing and check it out the next day when I'm sober I throw it in the trash.

At least alcohol doesn't make your IQ drop 40 points.

<Oku01>

I hate how pot makes me dumb, though.

My math ability goes down to zero, and if I write something down I think is mind-blowing and check it out the next day when I'm sober I throw it in the trash.

At least alcohol doesn't make your IQ drop 40 points.

<Oku01>

Lol. I hear ya. I think that's probably the reason it works. It's self limiting. It's very easy for me to not do it until I have nothing important to do. Generally at the end of the day when I'm watching TV or surfing the Net. I use it to relax, not to socialize. I don't need anything for that. ;)

giphy.gif

Hallucinogens and/or empathogens.

Ever since I was a wee lad we had a strange family habit.

We would eat lemons or lemon juice with salt.

As a teen I would take a little shot-glass sized glass and put a double of lemon juice and salt in it and drink it. I would make that face when the actors in movies drank hard alcohol and assume that it must taste the same.

Anyhow, if life is getting me down to the point I've been on a bender (which is actually only like maybe 12 beers per week or the hard alcohol equivalent at this age.) I will replace the alcohol with something like lemon juice + salt or red bull + strong sleeping aid.

*I always use straws for anything with acid or a lot of sugar in it so it doesn't ruin my teeth.

**REUSABLE STRAWS. Save the turtles.

wifYQjP.jpg

What's your favorite alcohol replacement when you want to dry up???
It's two choices for me - alcohol or no alcohol - which means that the only alternative for me is no alcohol. So let's say I feel like alcohol during a no-alcohol day. Well, I just don't drink it. I don't substitute anything for it; I just don't drink it. OK, maybe I'll have a couple extra cups of coffee on a no-alcohol day.

Anyhow, if life is getting me down to the point I've been on a bender (which is actually only like maybe 12 beers per week or the hard alcohol equivalent at this age.)
12 beers a week is a little less than 2 beers a day. You're ok but it's admirable that you are still interested in alternatives to it.

I typically just drink sparkling water/soda water. The carbonation helps and is good for beer drinkers such as myself. I'll also drink a non-alcoholic beer if I'm really craving a drink but know I shouldn't so that works for me, too.

Coffee in the morning
Alcohol in the evening

Water in between.

Epsom salt bath with either eucalyptus or CBD bath bomb and 10mg of melatonin = amazing sleep and amazing relaxation

12 beers a week is a little less than 2 beers a day. You're ok but it's admirable that you are still interested in alternatives to it.

I typically just drink sparkling water/soda water. The carbonation helps and is good for beer drinkers such as myself. I'll also drink a non-alcoholic beer if I'm really craving a drink but know I shouldn't so that works for me, too.

The distribution generally doesn't look like that if I've been under enough pressure I have a lot of trouble managing, for a long enough time...

:eek:;)

Maybe a 6 pack a night on the weekends if it's really bad...

:oops:

The distribution generally doesn't look like that if I've been under enough pressure I have a lot of trouble managing, for a long enough time...

:eek:;)

Maybe a 6 pack a night on the weekends if it's really bad...

:oops:
I was just going off of the estimation you presented. I'm sure it varies depending on your stress level just like it did for me. I guess it all comes down to willpower. For me especially. I feel like I'm either completely determined to go without it at all or I completely slip up once my responsibilities are done. It's definitely a personal battle.

Alcohol is one of the least fun drugs that exists

Coffee to wake up

Weed to come down

I find weed effects more pleasurable than alcohol,but i prefer it as a solitary drug,whereas alcohol is better as a social drug. I can be high and listen to music all day,and that is very satisfying.

I dont really smoke it, I prefer edibles.

meth. Really wakes you up.

Back