What's with Belcher?

I think most people rate him properly and you are just over-reacting as sherdog tends to do on fight night.

Or maybe its the opposite and the shertards overrated Belcher from the beginning because he posts on this website...hmmmmm.....

Top 10 is stretching it too. Belcher reminds me a lot of Chris Leben. A game fighter who comes to fight and excels in brawls, but doesn't excel in anything in particular to fend off against technical fighters. So he is doomed to stay a middle of the pack fighter.

Belcher ran into a guy who makes everybody look bad off their back. Yushin has a way to smother his opponents. Also I think its a lack of Belcher listening to his corner. When Funky told him to not go for chokes and to get on the feet when he can. Twice Belcher decided to go for a choke, and twice he was in a position to stand back up. Belcher needs to learn to stay away from the cage and he could have knocked yushin out cold. The dude made a few mistakes. He will be back in the octagon on another streak.

Overall bad camp/gameplan. Okami dragged/tripped Belcher down at will. Between Akiyama and Okami, has he never trained/sparred with a judoka?

Overall bad camp/gameplan. Okami dragged/tripped Belcher down at will. Between Akiyama and Okami, has he never trained/sparred with a judoka?

I have not looked far into Belchers camp on who he brings it, but it seems like to me he was well prepared for a double or single, but once he is in the clinch, he seems a bit lost and loses his hip placement.

Maybe he should have spent less time preparing for Bisping.

Not true at all. Okami got 1 take down in the entire fight. Alan reversed Okami twice and put him on his back. Alan blew this fight by putting himself on his back going for guillotines. He did it in every round

Not true at all. Okami got 1 take down in the entire fight. Alan reversed Okami twice and put him on his back. Alan blew this fight by putting himself on his back going for guillotines. He did it in every round

Well to be fair after the Palhares fight he had every right to be confident in his ground game.

Well to be fair after the Palhares fight he had every right to be confident in his ground game.

He never should have willingly went to his back against Okami. It's like pulling guard against Fitch. You're giving a round away.

because Okami >>>>>>>>>>>>> Palhares.

And that's all you need to know.

He fucking beat a guy with very little mental toughness, palares didn't get a sub and gave up, okami is one of the best and belcher is only above average.

Back