What's the worst excuse for a loss?

Mortal Wombat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just seen Wilder blame his walkout costume for the reason he lost. Hespect going quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...mes-ring-walk-outfit-knockout-loss-tyson-fury
“He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me,” Wilder told Yahoo Sports. “I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through. But I’m a warrior and people know that I’m a warrior.”

“A lot of people were telling me: ‘it looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring you have to bluff a lot of things. I tried my best to do so. I knew I didn’t have the legs because of my uniform,” Wilder said.

5069.jpg

Obviously in MMA Conor has a massive book of excuses

Hlh4Wgz.jpg

who else? Whats the worst excuse you have ever heard?

Last edited:
Tito’s “cracked skull” was a classic.

Aldo's claim that he didn't lose because it wasn't a fight after losing to Conor..
Or Reems I didn't lose because he tapped.

But in terms of a solid body of work I'd say Conor, Big Nog, Hendricks, Cain and Ronda are the champs.

Bisping claiming all his losses were due to steroids, sticks in my memory

Conor has a series of books full of excuses, but I think Wilder's is worse than the balloon

I thought Jon Jones had ridiculous chicken legs but then I saw Deontay's legs....<{danawhoah}><6>

Are WIlder's costume excuses for real or is this some joke?

Blaming your outfit is about as bad as it gets.

"My legs were shot because I wore a stupid looking 40 lbs costume to the ring"

At what point did he look in the mirror and think "I wanna dress up like Sauron for the biggest night of my life".

His coach didn't think to let him know it was a bad idea?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterbomb
Back