What's the Most Weight You've Ever Seen

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
on a bar. I'm talking in person, referenced in literature (most likely), whatever.

What I'm getting at is that if big Jeff can squat 1202, then if he ever does partial extensions (which I'm assuming he does) he'd have a lot more weight on the bar.

Like his half squat. I was just thinking, "What does the bar look like loaded up for Jeff when he half-squats?"

The most I've seen full squatted in person is a hair over a grandski.

Bud Jeffries did some like, 1500lb 1/8th squats that they stuck in milo because it looked cool because of all the weights. But Bud is a fat ass faker.

CarnalSalvation said:
The most I've seen full squatted in person is a hair over a grandski.

Bud Jeffries did some like, 1500lb 1/8th squats that they stuck in milo because it looked cool because of all the weights. But Bud is a fat ass faker.

I kind of got that impression from his website. I checked it out after someone mentioned his books in the Required Reading thread. He comes off a lot like Matt Furey.

Bud ripped a bunch of people off. Took money and never sent product, or took money and sent product (literally) a year later.

Not to mention he claimed he did a raw bottom position start 1000lb squat. He posted the video and it was a 3/4 squat at best. An impressive feat of strength, but a WHOLE different affair than a true bottom start squat (below parallel). Kinda dissapointing since I was excited when I first heard about it.

Madmick said:
I kind of got that impression from his website. I checked it out after someone mentioned his books in the Required Reading thread. He comes off a lot like Matt Furey.

You do know that he is a personal friend of Matt Furey dont you..;)

krellik said:
You do know that he is a personal friend of Matt Furey dont you..;)

No, I did not. Obviously that's where he's getting his marketing advice.

And that squat was bullshit.

After what Carnal wrote, I'm removing his name from all my posts in the required reading thread. I don't want anyone to get ripped off because I passed along a recommendation.

i saw my strength coach deadlift 6 plates for like 12.....that was the most ive ever seen someone do as far as amazement.

Bas fan, same here. The most i've seen in person is a 6 plate deadlift.

I saw a 515 bench too. That was the most impressive lift i've seen in person.

the most I've seen full squatted 860 by a SHW in a meet. I've spotted 500+ benches on numerous occasions, and I've seen a training partner deadlift 685 standing on two 45 lbs plates.

the most I've ever loaded the bar with was 775 for a quarter squat. I would've added more weight then I looked at the bar, looked at the mirror, and said out load "this is retarded. I'm gonna hurt myself". Once in a while it's good to do heavy partials to toughen you up and see what you can support, but the shit get dangerous. haven't done them since.

word of advice to guys that want to get really really strong: make friends with really strong people. even if you don't work out with them all the time, just being around them has an effect on your strength. don't know how to explain it rationally but it's just something I noticed since I was a kid.

BAS_FAN said:
i saw my strength coach deadlift 6 plates for like 12.....that was the most ive ever seen someone do as far as amazement.

What weight were the plates? And do you mean 6 plates total or per side?

my school gym was odd, because there'd be all the usual frat-:eek::eek::eek: metros prancing around, but there were a couple of really strong guys. one guy i helped spot while he benched 545.

there's this guy at my powerhouse gym who is some freak of nature. he stands at about 6'6 and i estimate 275-280 lbs. he looks like a hybrid between a lumberjack and a death metal drummer. anyway, i've seen him deadlift 675 a number of times and benching 545 without too much trouble as well.

anyway, i was actually even more impressed when i saw this dude around my age (21) benching 315 for 32 reps, for 2 sets.

threnody said:
there's this guy at my powerhouse gym who is some freak of nature. he stands at about 6'6 and i estimate 275-280 lbs. he looks like a hybrid between a lumberjack and a death metal drummer. anyway, i've seen him deadlift 675 a number of times and benching 545 without too much trouble as well.

anyway, i was actually even more impressed when i saw this dude around my age (21) benching 315 for 32 reps, for 2 sets.
315 for 32 reps is insane. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but are you sure it was that much weight. That's better than most NFL numbers. Most of the guys in the combine use 225 for around 30 reps or so (I think). Anyway, that is insane weight and reps.

I think he meant 315 on each side of the bar. So the guy pressed 675X32.

Makes sense to me.

threnody said:

we go to the same gym? That was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threnody
i saw this dude around my age (21) benching 315 for 32 reps, for 2 sets.

#1can said:
horseshit

Relax #1can, he left out that it was on a moon where gravity is lower...

Most linemen entering the NFL draft can't do 30 reps at training wheels, much less that... geesh

datadog said:
Relax #1can, he left out that it was on a moon where gravity is lower...

shit man, sorry. i'm always forgetting about the gravity.

uh, what reason would i have to lie about this? he's 21 and weighs somewhere between 250-260 lbs to begin with. from the sparse conversation i've heard him make with others, he's just a naturally gigantic guy who bounces.

as for his second set, he takes about a 5 minute rest and his spotter offers a lot of help.

you have no reason to lie about it at all, which really makes me wonder why you are lying. there is a chance you aren't lying, and genuinely believe thats what you saw, in which case you are simply incorrect.

Back