Television What's the most overrated TV Shows?

Seinfield and Frasier.

A month ago, I would've said Game of Thrones because I only watched the first season a few years ago and it didn't resonate with me. I brought it up with the wife about 3 weeks ago to check out. We're now on the season 6 finale. The show is pretty fantastic.

Oh sweet sweet child. You're in for a lot of disappointment.

He complains about everything

No, seriously. Like 99%+ of everything. All the time
Haha, cantankerous old man syndrome. Only complaint I really have is Bosch listening to jazz loads. I can't stand jazz.

Definitely Breaking Bad, when Walter becomes the big bad it starts bordering on fantasy.

That vampire shite True blood.

That is why Better Call Saul is better written. I think BB was uneven in how everyone else was always less competent and unlucky but Walt. If you go with it is enjoyable from a fantasy point of view

Seinfeld is fantastic and one of the few long-running shows that never truly "jumped the shark"

House of Cards. Was recommended to me as 'amazing' but did not enjoy, and cant be bothered to even watch the last season.

Well Friends and those two other shows that are dramatic shouldn't even be compared. There completely different type of shows. But Friends is better than Seinfeld and The Simpsons imo.

Well my top 10 dramatic shows if you include mini series it would be.

1. Chernobyl
2. Band of Brothers
3. Breaking Bad
4. Game of Thrones (first 6 seasons)
5. X-Files
6. True Detective (first season)
7. Star Trek: The Next Generation
8. Sherlock
9. Stranger Things
10. Rome

That's a really good list.

I don't agree with a few of your choices but it would be weird if I agreed with all of them.

Game of Thrones

Stopped at the last season e1 <45> I watched most of the show and it's terrible. I like most of the HBO shows except this one

Game of Thrones had terrible writing. It always did but somehow the quality went even lower towards the end. So much so that those last few episodes really got shit on quite a lot.

It's not the kind of show that grabs you. I would even say that you need a certain mentality to enjoy it.

The Wire is kryptonite to anyone that loves bro movies/tv.

Favorite movies are Predator and Jon Wick? You'll hate The Wire.

I know this is sacrilegious on my part. But here's my picks.

What's yours?

hbo-PMRS441-SN-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1479766232958._UY500_UX667_RI_VupL0aqmfMPoeGlkxcfQJEVz7wYtsCFT_TTW_.jpg

4606700242d2f8417d2bfd52d954434a.jpg

MV5BZjZjMzQ2ZmUtZWEyZC00NWJiLWFjM2UtMzhmYzZmZDcxMzllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_UY1200_CR106,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead.

Seinfield is genious.

Stopped watching Hollywood all together. Korean actions, dramas and thrillers are way more adrenaline inducing and more intelligent script. Plus the cliffhangers. My god.

I know this is sacrilegious on my part. But here's my picks.

What's yours?

hbo-PMRS441-SN-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1479766232958._UY500_UX667_RI_VupL0aqmfMPoeGlkxcfQJEVz7wYtsCFT_TTW_.jpg

4606700242d2f8417d2bfd52d954434a.jpg

MV5BZjZjMzQ2ZmUtZWEyZC00NWJiLWFjM2UtMzhmYzZmZDcxMzllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_UY1200_CR106,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I agree with these.

The Wire : I watched the first season thinking "This is supposed to be the best show ever?"

The Sopranos : I watched the entire first three seasons with the expectation it would 'click' with me, but it never happened.

Seinfeld : Never laughed at a single clip of this show, with the exception of the episode they're in a betting pool to not masturbate. That was pretty edgy for 1995.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back