Television What's the most overrated TV Shows?

Seinfield and Frasier.

A month ago, I would've said Game of Thrones because I only watched the first season a few years ago and it didn't resonate with me. I brought it up with the wife about 3 weeks ago to check out. We're now on the season 6 finale. The show is pretty fantastic.

We're talking overrated, not bad so I'll go with Ozarks. I think it's a good show but it's extremely overrated for what it is. It's basically a giant feminist wet dream.

Lmao... especially season 3 (or whatever season it was where they were "yaaaas Queening" Wendy)

I'm with the OP on The Wire. I watched a few and never got the bug to watch it. And the more people tell me I "Have to" watch it makes me dig my heels in even more to not do it. Sopranos was alright. And I can mind episodes of Seinfeld, but The Wire made me want to change the channel.

I'm with the OP on The Wire. I watched a few and never got the bug to watch it. And the more people tell me I "Have to" watch it makes me dig my heels in even more to not do it. Sopranos was alright. And I can mind episodes of Seinfeld, but The Wire made me want to change the channel.

It takes some patience to get into The Wire. You have to give it time and think about it to appreciate it. It's not for everybody.

You don't have to like it yourself. But there's no denying it's a great artistic accomplishment, like Moby Dick or The Great Gatsby.

It takes some patience to get into The Wire. You have to give it time and think about it to appreciate it. It's not for everybody.

You don't have to like it yourself. But there's no denying it's a great artistic accomplishment, like Moby Dick or The Great Gatsby.
I'll accept that it's just not for me then. At this stage of my life, Hood Rat drama isn't high on my watch list. I barely made it through SoA.

for me it was battle star Galactica cyclons were a boring antagonists nothing interesting about them.

The Wire takes a while, I only stuck with it because I didn't have much else to do. But it does get good. Not sure it deserves the critical acclaim but it was decent. How dare you call Sopranos "alright"!! Haha, one of my all time favourite shows. Friend of mine watched it for the first time a couple of years ago and only got an hour's sleep before work she was that engrossed. I think I've seen all of it 3 times now, it's almost like a comfort blanket.

I like the wire. But people talk about it like it’s must see. Acting was subpar. Honestly, season two was the best out of the bunch.

After all the hype here, I tried The Wire. Got through half an episode and fell asleep. I wasn’t even tired when it started. That was about a decade ago

I'll accept that it's just not for me then. At this stage of my life, Hood Rat drama isn't high on my watch list. I barely made it through SoA.

Right away, I can tell you The Wire is far from "hood rat drama." At its core, it's a social treatise on modern America.

The second season is about the massive loss of general labor employment in the U.S.

The fourth season is about the failure of public education in the U.S., especially in problematic urban environments.

If you don't think about these sorts of issues at all, if you never read news articles, then The Wire won't be for you.

Big bang theory is pure shit. Never understood its popularity. God awful shit tv. Rick and morty is decent but it's fans are ridiculous with their praise for it

After all the hype here, I tried The Wire. Got through half an episode and fell asleep. I wasn’t even tired when it started. That was about a decade ago

It's not the kind of show that grabs you. I would even say that you need a certain mentality to enjoy it.

I started watching The Wire because at the time, I was into cop procedural stuff. But the more I watched it, the more it surprised me with its depth and meaning.

It's not the kind of show that grabs you. I would even say that you need a certain mentality to enjoy it.

I started watching The Wire because at the time, I was into cop procedural stuff. But the more I watched it, the more it surprised me with its depth and meaning.

Yeah I hear a lot how you gotta stick with it. One day...

Have you seen Bosch? I find it quite similar, just different coast. Bit more drama heavy maybe, if you liked The Wire you should like it. Marlo Stanfield is in it as a detective.

Have you seen Bosch? I find it quite similar, just different coast. Bit more drama heavy maybe, if you liked The Wire you should like it. Marlo Stanfield is in it as a detective.

My dad loves the Bosch books. I got my parents Prime just so my dad could see the show

I haven't, but I appreciate the suggestion. Although my taste in cop procedural stuff has waned over time.

The Wire ended 12 years ago. So did The Sopranos. It's old stuff, at this point. Hard for me to realize

My dad loves the Bosch books. I got my parents Prime just so my dad could see the show
That's thoughtful! Does he like it compared to the books?
I haven't, but I appreciate the suggestion. Although my taste in cop procedural stuff has waned over time.

The Wire ended 12 years ago. So did The Sopranos. It's old stuff, at this point. Hard for me to realize
Up until a few months ago I was all over those sort of cop dramas, I would quite easily lay in bed all day and binge watch. What changed for you? Have you seen a UK show called Line of Duty? That might bring you back into the fold again.

Back