What's the most money you've ever paid for a pair of sneakers?

I get Nike Air Max running sneakers and run in them until they fall apart. Only wear them for running and I think get about 400-500 miles out of a pair.

I think they run around $120-130 US.

Lately I wear Keen Hiking boots for daily shoes which are comfortable as fuck and very durable with good grip on the bottom. Got em in high and low top. Similar price range. Wife got them for me for christmas.

I got me 2nd hand converse that I wore till they fell apart. My favorite shoes for playing drums or for gigs playing keyboard. Hella comfortable.

$8 at a consignment shop

For me personally, about $180 on a pair of Irish Setter work boots. But they're about 5 years old, get used constantly, and still don't have so much as a worn stitch.
I did recently pay more for a pair of shoes than I ever could have imagined. Over $400 for my oldest sons 15th birthday. He's at the age where these things matter and it's about all he asked for. But they're ugly as fuck and 4x retail. It pisses me off, yet I still do it.
Nike-Dunk-Low-University-Blue-DD1391-102-4.jpg
Wow, I wish you were my dad

Is the ST for soft terrain? I'm not sure those lugs would work on the dry, dusty and rocky terrain where I normally live. I think I might just try the standard Peregrine and see how I go. Not unhappy with asics but interested to try something else, plus saucony is cheaper/better mark downs. My wife is just starting to really get into running and I'm also looking for a good shoe for her.
No clue.

I just thought they looked cool. Ha!

But they are very durable and provide good stability. I think they’d be good for your type of terrain.

It’s like that here, too.

Like 150-200? I have several pairs and rotate em out.

$200 retail for some AJ 17’s back in the day…
upload_2023-10-17_16-11-31.jpeg

Brooks Launch are my jam... I've burned through around 7 of them in the last 6 years. I used to have bad foot pain, like plantar facitis (sp?).

After I tried a pair of Brooks Launch, almost all disappeared. I had a 4 year stretch of running 1,000+ miles per year. No issues. Several races...

My old pairs I use for household shit like mowing the lawn. I exclusively only wear the new ones for running until I hit around 500-700 miles on them.

I've never tried those. They seem to be in the same category as the Glycerines. Well a lightweight version neutral support. Thanks! I might check these out too

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like a lot of shoes these days are more narrow than before with the exception of Brooks. With other brands I am buying wide or extra wide

I've never tried those. They seem to be in the same category as the Glycerines. Well a lightweight version neutral support. Thanks! I might check these out too

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like a lot of shoes these days are more narrow than before with the exception of Brooks. With other brands I am buying wide or extra wide

Interesting. I have a wide foot... but the Brook Launches always fit great.

jDf7Pdg.jpeg

The pair I bought for my Glacier National Park Half Marathon in 2018. I wish they were this white still.

My race was in Glacier Montana in late June.... I was pumped for nice weather since I'm from Houston.

It was 29 degrees, windy and raining at start time... lol. My shoes were a muddy mess after.

Back