What's the most money you've ever paid for a pair of sneakers?

adidas forum >

710x528_2778853_1603717_1459312612_1_0.jpg

Maybe $80 for the fat sole sketchers. Had them inside plastic shopping bag for storage until I wore out other sneakers first and when I took them out to use, the polyurethane foam crumbled to nothing maybe five minutes into my walk. I'm guessing the dry air from being inside plastic bag ruined the foam.

<Fedor23>

I like what I like man. Do you. Thanks for that link. Appreciate it.
Haha just having fun. Different strokes and all that.

FWIW I prefer Nike's offerings for athletic shoes, for lifestyle shoes it's mostly adidas for me.

I do think there's a racket with resellers of dunks and Jordans tho. I saw a pair of Nike Dunk "Kentucky" in some kind of premium sneaker store for $350...

Meanwhile I can customize a pair and get very close to that design for like, 1/3 of that.

Crazy shit.

I typically spend around 160-180$ for shoes. I might have hit 200$ once, not certain. I always get lightweight breathable mesh running shoes which are my daily thing. I used to always go with the Nike air max shoes but last couple years I’ve been going with ON Cloud runners.View attachment 1006696

What are they like? I've never tried them because I've heard they're not very durable. I've been running with Asics Kayano for the past decade and tempted to try something different. Maybe Saucony. The Kayano are a bit expensive but still they have served me well, I use Trabuco for trails so it's really easy to buy Asics online because the sizing is consistent.

£270 for cycling shoes is the most I've spent on footwear. I've got stupidly wide feet and the only brand that does them in my width is really expensive. They'll last pretty much forever though. My lifting shoes are from 2008 and still going strong.

Never spent much on sneakers, maybe £50-60. I like Lonsdale ones - they're cheap as hell and really durable.

I've never paid more than $100 for a pair of shoes. Kids in school would tease others about "name brand" vs "no brand". Even got into a couple of fights cause some clown living in the projects isn't going tell me what I should wear. I refused the shoe cult.

What are they like? I've never tried them because I've heard they're not very durable. I've been running with Asics Kayano for the past decade and tempted to try something different. Maybe Saucony. The Kayano are a bit expensive but still they have served me well, I use Trabuco for trails so it's really easy to buy Asics online because the sizing is consistent.
I like them. Probably some of the lightest weight don’t even know they are there shoes I’ve ever had. As for durability, I haven’t had any issues however I also don’t actually run in them so they aren’t getting much of workout and I can’t rate their comfort/support if you do plan on running in them.

$170 for Brooks running shoes.

Honestly it's hard to get a decent pair of shoes these days for anything under 60-70 bucks. It's like the shoe companies decided to make cheaper shoes pure s*** so you would have to buy something more expensive.

On average I buy three pairs of shoes per year, one being expensive and two cheaper ones for outdoor chores and the gym.

Some people say as you get older you lose the fat in your feet and that's why your feet tend to hurt more. I'm not sure if this is true or not

Asics running shoes... around $130 when I was young. Now i just buy shoes with heavy discounts / previous years models

Last edited:
$170 for Brooks running shoes.

Honestly it's hard to get a decent pair of shoes these days for anything under 60-70 bucks. It's like the shoe companies decided to make cheaper shoes pure s*** so you would have to buy something more expensive.

On average I buy three pairs of shoes per year, one being expensive and two cheaper ones for outdoor chores and the gym.

Some people say as you get older you lose the fat in your feet and that's why your feet tend to hurt more. I'm not sure if this is true or not
Damn Brooks are that expensive now? :| Puma's Nitro line up is pretty amazing and have tons of sales deals from anywhere from 60-90 bucks nowadays

Paid around $200 a short while back for some Saucony trail running shoes.

Damn Brooks are that expensive now? :| Puma's Nitro line up is pretty amazing and have tons of sales deals from anywhere from 60-90 bucks nowadays

The higher end Brooks are $140-160 unless you find a sale. For my daily walkers Im using Brooks glycerin line and they are $170 something after taxes. Honestly worth it in my opinion if you hate having sore feet

I haven't owned Puma shoes since the '90s. Back then Puma had some really good shoes. I'll be sure to check out the Nitros the next time around

Some of my friends swear by Adidas Boost but they have never felt great on my feet. Asics Kaynos are really good shoes too

Brooks really upped their game for running shoes a while back. The brand used to be a bit of a joke back in the day but not anymore.

Back