• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whats the best way to track your sets-reps done?

Did you find some solution?
I got an app called Fitnotes. Its very comfortable, has alot of exercises, and if your exercise is not there you can easily add it to the list. Easy to record exercises, sets, reps etc. If im measuring time with phone might as well add the reps i got into the app. I can open the calendar there and see when i worked out and see what weights i was using etc.

I've never used it, but I like Dr Mike's videos: the RP Hypertrophy App.

I don’t take my phone into the gym on the principle of that’s not what I’m there to do.
But I’ve also wanted to find some way to calculate total weight for push/pull and lower body workouts at my local gym.

Prob just buy a small dry erase board off Amazon for home gym for (Deadlift.Squat,Bench,Dumbbells)

I've never used it, but I like Dr Mike's videos: the RP Hypertrophy App.
It's ok but it's quite expensive vs rest of the market. It doesn't offer much for what it is. They took their old training template on excel and they imported it to their web app. It's not really a real app. It's like access to their website. I will admit it can be very effective but not for everyone.

It's one of those weird training tools. Their website states that it is supposed to be used by intermediate/advanced trainees but majority of the app users are beginners. It's like the beginner with the 300 dollar lifting belt. Their autoregulation is based on pump/joint-pain. Beginners wouldn't know how to gauge their pump. Same with the RIR. Most beginners don't really know what training till failure looks like. Beginners also don't know how to program properly. They let you choose your exercises. There is no coaching either. If you are advanced you will already know how to back off sets when you have pain.

TLDR- You can probably find the templates online for free or pay the 100 bucks for lifetime access. The APP is like 30 bucks a month? You can get better apps for that price point.

Back