Whats the best way to track your sets-reps done?

mr.sandman

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Looking for something easy to use and hassle free

The app I've been using for the past 5 years or so is StrongLifts 5x5 which has everything I need. The free version lets you track barbell SBD + OHP and BOR, which are the basic lifts for their novice program and pretty much what I care about. One time I accidentally paid for the deluxe version (I'm sure it's intentional but if you leave the screen on during your workout, it only takes one accidental click in the wrong place to buy the paid version), but that allows you to program in other lifts and other custom workout routines plus a bunch of other shit that I never use. But once the paid version expired, I still have those lifts and workouts remaining in the basic app so I get to continue to track snatch and C&J. The app lets you see a graph of your progress over time in each lift which is nice.

The app I've been using for the past 5 years or so is StrongLifts 5x5 which has everything I need. The free version lets you track barbell SBD + OHP and BOR, which are the basic lifts for their novice program and pretty much what I care about. One time I accidentally paid for the deluxe version (I'm sure it's intentional but if you leave the screen on during your workout, it only takes one accidental click in the wrong place to buy the paid version), but that allows you to program in other lifts and other custom workout routines plus a bunch of other shit that I never use. But once the paid version expired, I still have those lifts and workouts remaining in the basic app so I get to continue to track snatch and C&J. The app lets you see a graph of your progress over time in each lift which is nice.
Thats nice and i have heard about the stronglifts app. But im looking for something that can track any workout, not only the stronglifts one.

I simply remember and log it online. I now have one on sherdog.

Lift until you can't complete more reps.

Do a few sets per muscle group.

Eat healthy.

You are done.

Thats nice and i have heard about the stronglifts app. But im looking for something that can track any workout, not only the stronglifts one.

I would download the freeware version and see if you like the format. If so, just pay $10 for the paid version for a month and input whatever other workouts (including other lifts and rep schemes) that you want to track. When the paid period ends, you'll lose the ability to add more routines and some other features, but the routines you entered will still be there and you can continue to post new workouts under those formats.

Last edited:
There are many apps available now. It depends on your budget and what more features do you need. Do you also need a program or not?

FitNotes App on phone replaced my decades of pen and paper log books a few years ago. No extra BS if you don't want it, very flexible, create, save, copy and paste exercises, sets reps, notes timers.

Oh I just came across a free app today. It's called repcount. It seems ok for a free app. I downloaded and played around with it. It didn't spam me with a million ads. Give it a shot.

I downloaded this app called a spiral note book.

I can literally track anything in any format I want.

Seriously though a note book. For me having a notebook is the absolute best way.

I quite like Google sheets. I ran a log on a different forum from 2016 until I got some personalized coaching. The coach uses Google sheets and I am a really big fan.

There are some great excel spreadsheets out there for free if you are running specific programs.

I use an app called Workit. If they don't have your exercise, you can just add it.

Back