What's the best song in the last 10 years?

I've been thinking about this, and if I stick to the last 10 years, strictly, I haven't been able to come up with a better offering than a song I've discussed several times in the past on the board. I could talk a lot about why I think it's so great, but talk is cheap. Just know it's subtle. The more you hear it, the more you love it.

One observation I will add is that as I've gotten older I've come to appreciate that one of the earliest tells a song is truly great, before it has stood the long test of time, is that it will be covered by a lot of other groups from a lot of other different musical walks of life. The Beatles offer no better example to this truth from confirmed greatness. Although my favorite covers of this song tend to be from other R&B or jazz musicians-- many of them obscure. One of my favorite covers ever.

Another I considered. This music video version of the song is different than the one appearing on the album, and far better, IMO:

Grips baby. Nothing makes me feel more appreciative of life and living and getting hype af doing it.

Death Grips album cutoff was late 2013 so that's why I added it but if we have to be under 10 then it's this..

Going back to 2010, I can't think of a song that I believe will be more enduring than this one.

Excellent choice. I remember when I first heard this song I really liked it but I would have never imagined that it would become this massive mega hit that it did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back