This is the most creative music video I've ever seen, for one of the best songs I've ever heard!

Wilmer Digreux

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Directed by Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). I can't imagine the amount of work they must've put into it. Apparently it won all kinds of awards back in 2003, but this song and video completely slipped by me back then, so I only discovered it a few days ago.

But holy crap I LOVE this song and this video is PERFECT for it! check it out

It's cool but I think the creators took some inspiration from Sledgehammer...and Peter Gabriel made several of the best videos of all time.

Sledgehammer, Shock the Monkey, Steam, Games Without Frontiers, Big Time... All legendary.

It's cool but I think the creators took some inspiration from Sledgehammer...and Peter Gabriel made several of the best videos of all time.

Sledgehammer, Shock the Monkey, Steam, Games Without Frontiers, Big Time... All legendary.

Those are great too. But watch this one all the way through. It's not just the stop motion with yarn (which by itself is really cool) but Gondry threw all kinds of interesting little touches in there like sound quality changes, live action horror movie effects, a giant inflatable arm and a bunch of other stuff. Plus it tells a weird, mind-fuck story at the same time, because it's Michel Gondry.

Edit - not to disparage Peter Gabriel's videos. It's been a long time since I saw those. I'm just really REALLY hyped on this song/vid right now lol.

I've been bouncing around like an idiot

200w.gif

Last edited:
Directed by Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). I can't imagine the amount of work they must've put into it. Apparently it won all kinds of awards back in 2003, but this song and video completely slipped by me back then, so I only discovered it a few days ago.

But holy crap I LOVE this song and this video is PERFECT for it! check it out

Whoooaaaaaa !!! Yes, it's good, lotta work in it, cool arrangements, great production , BUT there are hundreds of vids out there that could compete with it !!!!

And Stone Temple Pilots

And The Kinks

But this song is much better than those. Warning is one of Green Days worst songs imo.

To be brutally honest I think this song sucks but each to their own.

But yeah it is also the picture book riff you're right

Ooo! On the subject of Michel Gondry, he directed a bunch of Björk's music videos, all of which are brilliant imo.

As for more recent mvs with the same sort of weird/creative vibe, Caroline Polachek is absolutely fantastic.

As for more recent mvs with the same sort of weird/creative vibe, Caroline Polachek is absolutely fantastic.

Never heard Caroline Polachek before but I like that. Especially that first song. She's got a really interesting voice. Interesting video too. Not too sure about her erupting with the volcano part lol but the rest was cool.

Thanks for the recommendation!

To be brutally honest I think this song sucks but each to their own.

But yeah it is also the picture book riff you're right

Lol hey that's fair, it's definitely not everybody's taste.

I'm a skate punk at heart and I think this song taps in to that part of me. Amps me tf up lol

Several good recommendations itt. How do you guys even find this stuff? Lol

I'll throw this one in here. Anybody remember Kerli?

Never heard Caroline Polachek before but I like that. Especially that first song. She's got a really interesting voice. Interesting video too. Not too sure about her erupting with the volcano part lol but the rest was cool.

Thanks for the recommendation!
If this is your first time hearing about her, you should check out her Tiny Desk performance.

Probably the most impressive singer in pop music today for me.

Back