What's the best online BJJ ressource/channel/university?

i have yet to see anyone break down any technique better than the mendes bros.

you may not like their style, but they cover a lot of stuff on their site, and everything is 100% applicable. no bullshit, just moves that work best, but they also cover every possible variation and counter.

i have yet to see anyone break down any technique better than the mendes bros.

Roger Gracie and Caio Terra also (on his website, the DVD is not that good) explain loads of things really good.

There is other stuff then buttterfly and guillotines but it's all base around a few positions.
It doesn't rely on flexibility at all. It should work sort of ok for everyone but IMHO it relies a lot on timing/controlling the distance to make it work great.

I PM'ed you a PROMO code that will give you a free week to try it out.
(You also get a free week at some other places like the Art of Jiu Jitsu website so you can check it out if it's as crazy as you fear, they have stuff for beginners as well as show how they do they old but still good moves like the knee slide or double unders etc.)

You should tell him that you get money from the site if he uses your code and then signs up.

I'm wondering if MGinAction also has the basic and old school stuff that BJJ library offers like how to position yourself in mount, how to retain side control and so on.

You should tell him that you get money from the site if he uses your code and then signs up.

I would get a months subscription, I'm not from the US so they can't send me money.
Marcelo doesn't really show (or I think really use) a ton of details.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if MGinAction also has the basic and old school stuff that BJJ library offers like how to position yourself in mount, how to retain side control and so on.

MGiA has everything. seriously, their database is huge.

Everything that Marcelo uses. He doesn't really show stuff outside of his focused game.
there are 21239 videos in his InAction section, alone. that's 21 thousand.

i'm sure there isn't much stuff on the berimbolo, but i was replying to @SubmarinerX who asked if he shows old school basic stuff. he does.

My only experience with Gracie U is with their Combatives set. The videos are long and super structured, if the Master Cycle is anything like that then no doubt it's quality. The price is a bit higher than the others in the market tho.

Master Cycle vids tend to be a little longer actually. Unlike the combatives vids that were filmed in a dedicated filming space (black background, black mats etc) the Master Cycle vids are just filmed in the Gracie Academy in Torrance on the same/room that classes are held on. Each lesson comes with a printable lesson plan for study, and each one is broken down into "slices" like the Combatives stuff and you can jump to each slice from the video screen. Each video on mobile platforms comes with a "silent demo" just for getting a quick review of the technique.

Gracie University also has chat or Q & A pages on every lesson where you can post questions and Gracie Academy instructors (or even Rener/Ryron) will reply.

I've only used GU so I can't say how it compares to other subscription sites. Also keep in mind that the lessons are a structured curriculum as well. There are a couple different GU subscription options and you can get it with our without access to Rener and Ryron's narrated sparring session, extra gracie breakdowns (unreleased) and so on.

Prob BJJ Library. I believe Alliance also has their online training program with Jacare and fabio gurgel teaching, but it doesn't have nearly as much content as BJJ Library

Is there no free trial period for BJJ library? With Marcelo at least you can get a promo code.

Is there no free trial period for BJJ library? With Marcelo at least you can get a promo code.

They used to have one in the past.
Maybe they want people interested in one or two of the seminars they have to sign up instead of getting a trial?

Yes. It does. It's not EACTLY the same as some of the BJJ Library techniques, but yes, he covers all that. The beauty of MGinAction is that everything is cataloged to the point that you can watch videos for days on something as relatively basic (but as unbelievably specific) as a single grip from closed guard. You can then take that basic technique and watch Marcello apply it in live rolling against various belt levels and often even against other high level competitors.

I tried a bunch of different sites, but FOR ME, I found MGinAction to be the best. His style suits me well, and he also shows defenses to a lot of the more "modern" stuff that I sometimes (read "ALWAYS") struggle to implement. So while I'm not the greatest in the world at inverting or attacking berimbolos, etc., I have a library of solid defenses against said tools. It's been pretty awesome, but again, you need to consider if his "game" is right for you.

Thank you everyone who recommended the Grapplers Guide. I work very hard every day to make the site better.

Fortunately thousands of members have benefited from the GG :). It's the longest running premium grappling learning site and I think I'm the only one who runs an online site full time without running a gym so I get to really focus on it.

I watched some free stuff from Jason and didn't like it at all. I feel the Mendes brothers/Caio Terra/Braulio Estima show much better details/variations then Jason.

Thanks for your feedback. It's always appreciated. My YouTube videos don't even come anywhere close to the content on the Grapplers Guide. Lots more details and tons of variations. It is definitely one of the most diverse sites online. I'm tooting my own horn but it's true lol.

Right now the GG has 110 five star reviews on our FB page from members. All reviews were written by people who were self motivated to write them.

If any one has any specific questions about the Grapplers Guide let me know!

Thanks
Jason Scully

Hey Jason,

Been shopping around for a new online source and would love to give your site a try. Do you offer a free trial? Your lifetime purchase plan is awesome!

Thanks for all your input!
I've looked at BJJ Libraries and Grappler's Guide. Does anybody have a comparison of them both and/or a comparison of them against MGInaction?

By Marcelo's style - is it only butterfly guard and guillotines? Or do his techniques rely a lot on natural ability/flexibility etc?

I've been a member of both BJJ Library and Grappler's Guide. BJJ Library obviously has the higher level fighters, but Jason Scully will move the earth to answer your questions. I got almost nothing out of the BJJ Library because I didn't need individual moves, I need a system or strategy to make them work. BJJ Library has a lot more content now so I don't know if they would have provided what I needed, but Jason Scully was prepared to work his butt off for you.

Thank you everyone who recommended the Grapplers Guide. I work very hard every day to make the site better.

Fortunately thousands of members have benefited from the GG :). It's the longest running premium grappling learning site and I think I'm the only one who runs an online site full time without running a gym so I get to really focus on it.

Thanks for your feedback. It's always appreciated. My YouTube videos don't even come anywhere close to the content on the Grapplers Guide. Lots more details and tons of variations. It is definitely one of the most diverse sites online. I'm tooting my own horn but it's true lol.

Right now the GG has 110 five star reviews on our FB page from members. All reviews were written by people who were self motivated to write them.

If any one has any specific questions about the Grapplers Guide let me know!

Thanks
Jason Scully

Hi Jason,

how many technique explaining videos are there on Grappler's Guide (excludinf vids like "345 armbars in 75 seconds")? and do you also have videos of people rolling?

Hey Jason,

Been shopping around for a new online source and would love to give your site a try. Do you offer a free trial? Your lifetime purchase plan is awesome!

Unfortunately no free trial. I do offer a 30 day money back guarantee though.

Hi Jason,

how many technique explaining videos are there on Grappler's Guide (excludinf vids like "345 armbars in 75 seconds")? and do you also have videos of people rolling?

Hey Accuser,

There is over 4,300 detailed videos with explanations of details, concepts, theory, and lots more. The "X Techniques in Y Minutes" are primarily YouTube videos. No rolling videos but that is a plan for the future. We also have a private FB group with tons of members. The community of people are great.

I'm currently focusing on creating specific "guides" and specializes curriculums. Along with adding more and more GrappleFlows (those are the interactive floe charts on the site).

Thanks
Jason

Jason's Youtube videos are different than his instructional site

site is much better, and the price is hard to beat

Are there any of Jason's instructional videos from the site on youtube so one can see what they are like and in what way they differ from his other youtube stuff? Otherwise paying 300 bucks seems like a big risk and money back guarantees are always a bit awkward.

Are there any of Jason's instructional videos from the site on youtube so one can see what they are like and in what way they differ from his other youtube stuff? Otherwise paying 300 bucks seems like a big risk and money back guarantees are always a bit awkward.

No awkward money back guarantees with me . I make it an easy experience. 99% of people never ask for it because there is TONS of content on the Grapplers Guide and also as mentioned lots of real reviews that are very positive. A person can also choose an installment plan option if they don't feel they can do the one lump payment.

Thanks
Jason

Back