What's the best online BJJ ressource/channel/university?

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
if you don't want to base your game around berimbolo and crazy stuff?

Last edited:
Maybe jiu jitsu library if you want to old but not completely outdated stuff?

modern jiu jitsu just isn't about "crazy stuff." yes it includes inverted guards, berimbolos, etc, but what makes it great is the refinement of a lot of the "old school" stuff. if there are several ways to set up a kimura, for example. modern jiu jitsu will teach you the higher percentage kimura set ups.

I'm in my 40's and trained berimbolos, single leg x, the truck position, etc, and I find them all useful, all legit.

As someone mentioned though, BJJ Library from the Ribiero Bros has good content with tons of technique from current players as well.

Prob BJJ Library. I believe Alliance also has their online training program with Jacare and fabio gurgel teaching, but it doesn't have nearly as much content as BJJ Library

I'm a member of The Grapplers Guide, and it has lots of techniques for every major style imo, a very nice investment as far as I'm concerned.

Draculino Online might also be a good option if you want rock solid jiujitsu. I'm not a member but Drac and Brandon seem to do have the style you're looking for.

I'm a member of The Grapplers Guide, and it has lots of techniques for every major style imo, a very nice investment as far as I'm concerned.

Draculino Online might also be a good option if you want rock solid jiujitsu. I'm not a member but Drac and Brandon seem to do have the style you're looking for.

I forgot Draculino had a website. I've been looking at Henry Akins site. I've done Grappler's Guide and BJJ University in the past.

tbh, I get so much value out of the DVD sets by the old school guys. Machados, Pedro Sauer and Xande have been invaluable for me in the last year or so. They've really helped me find ways to fill holes in my game where I was struggling to implement new school inverted wiggling stuff.

EDIT:

This is kind of awful: http://www.draculinobjjtraining.com/sample/index/72

Three camera angles for maximum clarity and not one of them shows the other side of his body. I know the technique he's showing, but I still want to see him insert the butterfly hook. If I was seeing this for the first time I'd probably have a lot of questions.

Last edited:
Most Bang For Buck: Grappler's Guide IMO 300 for a LIFETIME membership (which is about what you'd spend for a year at another subscription site)

http://www.grapplersguide.com/forums/

Heard 3.0 is coming out soon

I also love Marcelo's site. 25$ a month

Last edited:
I've had quite a few online subscriptions and I find GrapplersGuide the best deal out of all of them.Scully is a good teacher and really dedicated to the site.

Im a big fan of EstimaInAction.

Mainly because im a big fan of Braulio Estima.

Last edited:
I've read a lot of good reviews on MGInaction and am also interested in Gracie University. The Gracie Combatives DVD set was quite useful when I started out. Do any of you guys have any experience with Gracie University? Especially compared to MGInaction?

Read a lot of good things about Draculino's site as well.

Is Grapplers Guide all Jason Scully?

He's had guests instructors like Reilly Bodycomb and 10P guys on, but for the most part it's all Jason Scully. It's great man, pay once (or by installment) and you're done.

I've read a lot of good reviews on MGInaction and am also interested in Gracie University. The Gracie Combatives DVD set was quite useful when I started out. Do any of you guys have any experience with Gracie University? Especially compared to MGInaction?

Read a lot of good things about Draculino's site as well.

Marcelo's site is really good, the In action feature is a very nice tool to reinforce learning. It also has tons of vids which is a plus. But of course you also need to consider Marcelo's style and if it suits you.

My only experience with Gracie U is with their Combatives set. The videos are long and super structured, if the Master Cycle is anything like that then no doubt it's quality. The price is a bit higher than the others in the market tho.

if you don't want to base your game around berimbolo and crazy stuff?

Wife gave me a subscription of my choice to some online BJJ channel for xmas :)

Forgot to mention that Dan Covel (TrumpetDan) also has a site: https://www.jiujitsu.net . It seems pretty interesting so you might want to check it out too.

Agree with making sure Marcelo style suits you. I use to be on his site but I found his stuff never really worked for me. But my friend joined his site and was tapping dudes left and right. I like the way the Gracie brothers.

It's great man, pay once (or by installment) and you're done.

I watched some free stuff from Jason and didn't like it at all. I feel the Mendes brothers/Caio Terra/Braulio Estima show much better details/variations then Jason.

Thanks for all your input!
I've looked at BJJ Libraries and Grappler's Guide. Does anybody have a comparison of them both and/or a comparison of them against MGInaction?

By Marcelo's style - is it only butterfly guard and guillotines? Or do his techniques rely a lot on natural ability/flexibility etc?

By Marcelo's style - is it only butterfly guard and guillotines? Or do his techniques rely a lot on natural ability/flexibility etc?

There is other stuff then buttterfly and guillotines but it's all base around a few positions.
It doesn't rely on flexibility at all. It should work sort of ok for everyone but IMHO it relies a lot on timing/controlling the distance to make it work great.

I PM'ed you a PROMO code that will give you a free week to try it out.
(You also get a free week at some other places like the Art of Jiu Jitsu website so you can check it out if it's as crazy as you fear, they have stuff for beginners as well as show how they do they old but still good moves like the knee slide or double unders etc.)

Last edited:
I have looked around and narrowed it down to MGInaction or BJJ Library - has anybody tried both and can make an educated comparison?

Back