What's the 5 best life quotes in your opinion?

Out of these quotes, which is the best?

• Total voters
You don't win friends with salad - Homer J Simpson

The quote I refer too when ever I see somone trying to flex as a gangster or badass instead if being humble and low profile is:

"The brave man lives until the coward wants"

which is some sort of Mexican proverb iirc but it might be roman in origin.

Maybe more relevant nowadays in a case like the nipsey hussle murder.

I always keep a low profile for this reason and never "flex"

"Put it in my ass"?...after all the intelligent cunts you quoted...You quote the biggest skank out there and made me spit Gatorade on my phone you fuck lmao.

She was fun to watch I have to admit lol.

It's all about the comedic timing my dude.

There's some pretty funny cunts on sherdog.

The quote about integrity is the main problem I have with religion.

If you believe that God is always watching you and therefore you do good things... Are you really a good person?

I prefer people who don't believe any being is watching them, and yet they still do good things, even though there is no reward nor punishment.

dumbledore-yoda-gandalf.jpg

The CS Lewis quote means the most.

Integrity and Honor to me are doing good deeds with no expectation of reward or accolade ... simply you do it because it's the right thing to do.

Definitely have to remind myself of this one from time to time -

"Revenge is a fool's game." - Arthur Morgan

One of my all time favorites and I absolutely live my life this way:

"I think nobody should be certain of anything. If you’re certain, you’re certainly wrong because nothing deserves certainty. So one ought to hold all one’s beliefs with a certain element of doubt, and one ought to be able to act vigorously in spite of the doubt… One has in practical life to act upon probabilities, and what I should look to philosophy to do is to encourage people to act with vigor without complete certainty." -Bertrand Russell

I chose the integrity one from those listed.

Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them.

Eccl 1:10-Eccl 1:11 NIV

I like big butts and I cannot lie - Lord Tennyson probably.

Man who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger

- funny old drunk guy

When life gives you chronic fatigue from vitamin deficiencies and sleep deprivation, chug coffee

Good thread! Got me pondering quotes that inspire me.

1. And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.
- Lennon & McCartney

2. Of course I contradict myself. I contain multitudes.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. There is faith hope and love. And the greatest of these things is love.
- Jesus

4. I didn’t know whether to duck or to run. So I ran.
- Bob Dylan

5. The arc of history bends slowly. But it bends toward justice.
- Martin Luther King

Thanks for getting me thinking about inspiring words of wisdom. Many of these are great. I’ll return to this thread again to read more!

Back