What's the 5 best life quotes in your opinion?

Out of these quotes, which is the best?

• Total voters
"Peace is not the absence of chaos, it's how we deal with the chaos that creates real peace"
~HH (Elder of the Nipmuck tribe)

"You give people respect as a gift, it's not up to you whether they receive it or not" ~Unknown

"Life is a journey, not a destination"
~Jack Kerouac

"Lift your head up, for it's the only way the sun can touch your face."
~Unknown

"Life is full of shortcuts, but many of them lead to dead ends."
~Unknown

"Much like a ceramic vase, broken people can be mended...but will always be missing some pieces."
~Unknown

"If you're gonna do something, do it balls out...because if you don't you're wasting my fucking time."
~My wrestling coach

"Peace is not the absence of chaos, it's how we deal with the chaos that creates real peace"
~HH (Elder of the Nipmuck tribe)

"You give people respect as a gift, it's not up to you whether they receive it or not" ~Unknown

"Life is a journey, not a destination"
~Jack Kerouac

"Lift your head up, for it's the only way the sun can touch your face."
~Unknown

"Life is full of shortcuts, but many of them lead to dead ends."
~Unknown

"Much like a ceramic vase, broken people can be mended...but will always be missing some pieces."
~Unknown

"If you're gonna do something, do it balls out...because if you don't you're wasting my fucking time."
~My wrestling coach

Those are really good ones, thanks.

- tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life

- if something sounds too good to be true it probably is

- every advantage has it's disadvantage

- you miss hundred percent of the shots you don't take

- when in doubt knock 'em out

"I look at it this way... For centuries now, man has done everything he can to destroy, defile, and interfere with nature: clear-cutting forests, strip-mining mountains, poisoning the atmosphere, over-fishing the oceans, polluting the rivers and lakes, destroying wetlands and aquifers... so when nature strikes back, and smacks him on the head and kicks him in the nuts, I enjoy that. I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or man-made, I always hope it gets worse." ~ George Carlin

"You've got enemies? Good. That means you've stuck up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchhill

"I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." ~ Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth, 1907

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." ~ Albert Einstein

"Put it in my ass" ~ Sasha Grey

"Put it in my ass"?...after all the intelligent cunts you quoted...You quote the biggest skank out there and made me spit Gatorade on my phone you fuck lmao.

She was fun to watch I have to admit lol.

Tomorrow ain’t promised to no one. Marlo

“life is the shit that happens while you’re waiting for the moments that never come” - Lester freamon

“The thing about the old days: they the old days” - Slim Charles.

A man must have a code - Bunk

You want it to be one way. But it's the other way.
Marlo
63ecf5b24d2a6c561d1ab942910a7df3.gif

“God gave you two ears and one mouth use them accordingly” -my father

“Wisdom is the reward for listening for a lifetime when you would have preferred to talk” - My father

“Success has many fathers, and failure is an orphan” -My father

“Who does God truly love in the web of life, the spider or the fly?”

“Morality is based on looks. You are a villain if you kill a butterfly but you are a hero if you kill a roach”

“Wisdom is the reward for listening for a lifetime when you would have preferred to talk” - My father

“Morality is based on looks. You are a villain if you kill a butterfly but you are a hero if you kill a roach”

Very nice.

I like all of the ones in your list, although my favorite is probably Be the change you want to see.

I don't think it is enough to really affect the world on a macro level, but I love when someone stands on their morals and values even when everyone else around them doesn't. Nothing I respect more than someone who does not conform to b.s. despite social pressure.

I like all of the ones in your list, although my favorite is probably Be the change you want to see.

I don't think it is enough to really affect the world on a macro level, but I love when someone stands on their morals and values even when everyone else around them doesn't. Nothing I respect more than someone who does not conform to b.s. despite social pressure.

Gandhi quote is very powerful indeed.

This is motivating. I started a book of "quotes from dad" that I am writing for my children. It is good to see that fatherly advice is held in high regard.

I met a gentleman at a party (that I threw for my kids) and he was writing a similar book to mine. Interesting that there are always other people who have the same ideas as you.

This is motivating. I started a book of "quotes from dad" that I am writing for my children. It is good to see that fatherly advice is held in high regard.

I met a gentleman at a party (that I threw for my kids) and he was writing a similar book to mine. Interesting that there are always other people who have the same ideas as you.
My sister and I are making a book of quotes that our dad has told us through the years. For a couple years straight he sends a quote for the day at 7am via text to me. It is probably my favorite part of the day. I look forward to passing his wisdom down through our family for generations. You sound like a good Dad sherbro.

<RomeroSalute>

My sister and I are making a book of quotes that our dad has told us through the years. For a couple years straight he sends a quote for the day at 7am via text to me. It is probably my favorite part of the day. I look forward to passing his wisdom down through our family for generations. You sound like a good Dad sherbro.

<RomeroSalute>

Thank you good, sir!

{<redford}

"It is easier to carry an empty cup than one that is filled to the brim." - Lao Tzu
"A flower falls, even though we love it; A weed grows, even though we do not love it." - Dogen
"If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?" - Dogen

You will learn a lot more with your eyes and ears than you ever will with your mouth.

Faith and trust are the lifeblood of charlatans and the hallmark of fools.

Don't ever, for any reason, do anything for anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what. No matter where. Or who, or who you are with, or where you are going or... or where you've been... ever. For any reason, whatsoever.”

Back