What's the 5 best life quotes in your opinion?

Out of these quotes, which is the best?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I picked these ones:

34084-Vern-Law-Quote-Experience-is-a-hard-teacher-because-she-gives-the.jpg

GJ5O8UkZHfsO79DKk1ZQ0NhTwb0kBHrcjHUMN0Sjmfs.jpg

C.S.-Lewis-Quote1.jpg

large_mark_twain.jpg

45484fdce5adf93fb662089c40016e56.jpg

The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.

Alan watts

The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.

Alan watts

Oh I love Alan Watts. I love this story about "The Chinese Farmer."

Profound story and lesson.

I picked these ones:

C.S.-Lewis-Quote1.jpg

large_mark_twain.jpg
These two have stuck with me over the years

Some others off the top of my head
1. "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
2. "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"-Lord Acton
3. “Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.”

“never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity”

“There is honor in empathy. There is glory in love. There is majesty in compassion.”

"As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air — however slight — lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness."

“When you look at someone through rose coloured glasses all the red flags just look like flags.”

I od' on heroin and died, and was resuscitated. Of course I went home and did more heroin that night,but I was really fuckin pissed off at myself for having died. - Slash

"I look at it this way... For centuries now, man has done everything he can to destroy, defile, and interfere with nature: clear-cutting forests, strip-mining mountains, poisoning the atmosphere, over-fishing the oceans, polluting the rivers and lakes, destroying wetlands and aquifers... so when nature strikes back, and smacks him on the head and kicks him in the nuts, I enjoy that. I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or man-made, I always hope it gets worse." ~ George Carlin

"You've got enemies? Good. That means you've stuck up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchhill

"I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." ~ Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth, 1907

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." ~ Albert Einstein

"Put it in my ass" ~ Sasha Grey

Tomorrow ain’t promised to no one. Marlo

“life is the shit that happens while you’re waiting for the moments that never come” - Lester freamon

“The thing about the old days: they the old days” - Slim Charles.

A man must have a code - Bunk

You want it to be one way. But it's the other way.
Marlo

Back