What's that about the "OG champ champ"?

giphy.gif

If you look closely you can see hendos fist come out the other side of bispings face

Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Sherbros and sherhoes. I give you the REAL "OG Champ Champ"...
View attachment 509197

He did it first. This is not debatable.
Royce Gracie was the first Champ Champ.
He won UFC I & II.

Wand had the GP and LH belts first.

pride WW division was kinda meh

Conor is the man and I love watching him fight. There's nothing like a Conor fight week, you can feel the the energy and hype building through out the week inevitably culminating in something truly special (show me one boring Conor UFC fight).

That being said lol, whether they like to admit it or not, everyone on here is well aware Conor is not a legit double champ. No one else who holds claim to the title had his comfortable path. Obviously he still had to beat the champs, but he skipped the most difficult part, the journey.

Actually to Conor's defense he is a legit champ champ. He beat the rightful owners of the fw and lw belts and finished both of them..

DC is the one who isn't the legitimate double champ. He did not beat Jon Jones to rightfully take his belt, and got it over the technicality of Jon's fuck ups. His path to a lhw title shot was also a bit fixed, beating career Starbucks manager Patrick Cummins and dinosaur Dan Henderson to get it. I like DC too but if you want to get into politics about it he did not beat the main guy in the division to obtain it.

Actually to Conor's defense he is a legit champ champ. He beat the rightful owners of the fw and lw belts and finished both of them..

DC is the one who isn't the legitimate double champ. He did not beat Jon Jones to rightfully take his belt, and got it over the technicality of Jon's fuck ups. His path to a lhw title shot was also a bit fixed, beating career Starbucks manager Patrick Cummins and dinosaur Dan Henderson to get it. I like DC too but if you want to get into politics about it he did not beat the main guy in the division to obtain it.

Sounds more like you know I like DC, but I'll bite.

Look man, it's not DC's fault Jon messed up. By all accounts that man shouldn't even be back. Whether you believe the picogram story or not, it is a fact that Jon Jones became an informant for a reduced sentence. Thus wouldn't even be a debate.

Sure DC's path to the title wasn't the most difficult, but the man was scheduled to fight Ryan Bader at the time. Say what you will about Bader, but he was #4 at the time, and DC was going to earn a shot off him. The whole JJ drama went down, and DC fought Rumble. DC proceeded to defend against Rumble and Gus (the best LHW had to offer).
Then the second JJ incident occurs, Jon is stripped, DC is champ again, he defends against Volkan (which in hindsight is meaning less and less but at the time he was seen as the mini white Rumble). Jon Jones was gone, he didn't exist, he disqualified himself with his actions. DC was the man at that point and was taking on all comers.

I like Conor man, I really do, but we all know he got his hand held on the way to his "legacy". The man still stepped into the cage, and fought some of the best in the world, he deserves our respect. I give Conor all his due for beating Eddie. Many people talk about Eddie as if he where tailor-made for Conor, but when the fight was announced, he was seen as a bad match up. The Nate fights are the ones that should bring us all back to reality.

Last edited:
PRIDE belts were meaningless
Tournaments winner was the highest accolade

Dan lost in a division he was champion of and kept the belt
joke

He defended both belts, yes, but not at the same time. He basically just moved up, he didn't reign both divisions simultaneously, except on paper. Still, more impressive than not defending either belt at all.

That being said lol, whether they like to admit it or not, everyone on here is well aware Conor is not a legit double champ. No one else who holds claim to the title had his comfortable path. Obviously he still had to beat the champs, but he skipped the most difficult part, the journey.

Sorry that’s not how it works bro. Conor is the legit champ champ. “Difficulty of journey” doesn’t have anything to do with becoming the champ lol

Sorry that’s not how it works bro. Conor is the legit champ champ. “Difficulty of journey” doesn’t have anything to do with becoming the champ lol
You quoted something I didn't say. I said he skipped the journey, not a difficult journey. Me saying a "difficult journey" would be suggesting that I'm changing goal posts for Conor and would make me biased, but I'm not. I'm simply saying he didn't have a journey at all, the UFC held his hand all the way to the LW Title, accommodating Conor at every turn.

He defended both belts, yes, but not at the same time. He basically just moved up, he didn't reign both divisions simultaneously, except on paper. Still, more impressive than not defending either belt at all.
Fact, if you can take anything from DC's claim, it's that he didn't reign simultaneously. No one has at this point, so that's the next big legacy break through imo. We won't be seeing a triple champ for awhile.

Conor is the man and I love watching him fight. There's nothing like a Conor fight week, you can feel the the energy and hype building through out the week inevitably culminating in something truly special (show me one boring Conor UFC fight).

lol as opposed to the "path" Henderson took?

He lost to Little Nog for the 2nd time 3 fights before he won the PRIDE WW title. Then 2 fights before he won the MW title from Wanderlei, he lost to Kazuo Misaki.

What a journey

Next time you say "everyone on here", clarify that you just mean you and the other gumps who don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

And if you wanna talk about Conor falling off after winning the 2 titles, Henderson lost his next 2 fights after that picture, and went 10-10 from that picture to retirement.

Conor Bless

Back