What's that about the "OG champ champ"?

Conor is the man and I love watching him fight. There's nothing like a Conor fight week, you can feel the the energy and hype building through out the week inevitably culminating in something truly special (show me one boring Conor UFC fight).

That being said lol, whether they like to admit it or not, everyone on here is well aware Conor is not a legit double champ. No one else who holds claim to the title had his comfortable path. Obviously he still had to beat the champs, but he skipped the most difficult part, the journey.
His featherweight run was pretty legit tbh
Especially as everyone else were either low level gate keepers or had been beaten up by Aldo
The second title fight is always one that’s not deserved as it’s a immediate shot
I didn’t have any problems with him fighting Aldo especially after he beat mendes

He did it first. This is not debatable.
The decisions sure were.

Also, wasn't there "205" (funny how we never heard about weight cutting issues with PRIDE, eh?) title not actually the lineal title? Since Wanderlei lost to Arona in a bogus non-title affair, whom in turn lost to Shogun?

TL;DR not a real champchamp.

Especially as everyone else were either low level gate keepers or had been beaten up by Aldo
The second title fight is always one that’s not deserved as it’s a immediate shot
I didn’t have any problems with him fighting Aldo especially after he beat mendes

Idk about all that, I question his FW run all the time. His road to the title was Brimage-Holloway-Brandao-Porier-Siver. He beat two ranked opponents to earn his shot.

Porier was always a legit and impressive win. No one besides Michael Johnson has ever made him look that bad, and Conor doesn't posses that kind of speed.

My beef was with the Siver match up. First of all, why was Conor fighting backwards in the rankings? Especially when considering there where unmatched top opponents calling him out. The real shady part was that prior to fight week Siver was ranked #11, yet mysteriously he somehow became #10 on fight week. Real chin scratcher.

The Mendes fight is what it is. I've put myself in Conor's shoes mentally, and I feel I would've made the same decision, so I don't blame Conor for this debacle as much as I blame the company. When Aldo fell out of the fight with an injury, Conor was given a list of names and apparently he chose Chad out of the bunch. What gets swept under the rug is the fact that Frankie Edgar was also available, and was actually in shape. I get it Conor was hurt I would've done the same thing, but the company spun it like Conor is a anytime anywhere guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything. Which we found out later on the Nate fight, couldn't be further from the truth (3 times the size).

pacquiao-world-titles.jpg

33-DSC2190-M.jpg

^^^^^^ THE MAN!!!!

Lel, 112lbs, super-ultra-manlet.

The funniest thing about sherdog is grown ass man sitting at a keyboard fighting an internet war for their heroes.

Because literally nobody else gives a shit about this "Champ Champ" bullshit.

My beef was with the Siver match up. First of all, why was Conor fighting backwards in the rankings? Especially when considering there where unmatched top opponents calling him out. The real shady part was that prior to fight week Siver was ranked #11, yet mysteriously he somehow became #10 on fight week. Real chin scratcher.

Add to this that Siver was 3-1-2 in his last six fights before Conor, and hadn't won a fight in just over two years, and he was lucky to be ranked at all. It's not like Siver was an especially big name to draw the casuals, either. Weird match-up.

Idk about all that, I question his FW run all the time. His road to the title was Brimage-Holloway-Brandao-Porier-Siver. He beat two ranked opponents to earn his shot.

Porier was always a legit and impressive win. No one besides Michael Johnson has ever made him look that bad, and Conor doesn't posses that kind of speed.

The Mendes fight is what it is. I've put myself in Conor's shoes mentally, and I feel I would've made the same decision, so I don't blame Conor for this debacle as much as I blame the company. When Aldo fell out of the fight with an injury, Conor was given a list of names and apparently he chose Chad out of the bunch. What gets swept under the rug is the fact that Frankie Edgar was also available, and was actually in shape. I get it Conor was hurt I would've done the same thing, but the company spun it like Conor is a anytime anywhere guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything. Which we found out later on the Nate fight, couldn't be further from the truth (3 times the size).
Lol
Tree times the size
Also mendes had just gone to war with Aldo and was number one ranked
He was the best he could face
I’m pretty sure Edgar rejected the fight on short notice
The reason I don’t have a problem is everyone else had already been beaten handily by Aldo
Mcgregor was the only fresh matchup

The funniest thing about sherdog is grown ass man sitting at a keyboard fighting an internet war for their heroes.

Because literally nobody else gives a shit about this "Champ Champ" bullshit.
Dang

<{1-11}>

Lol
Tree times the size
Also mendes had just gone to war with Aldo and was number one ranked
He was the best he could face
I’m pretty sure Edgar rejected the fight on short notice
The reason I don’t have a problem is everyone else had already been beaten handily by Aldo
Mcgregor was the only fresh matchup
Mendes was definitely the highest ranked, but Conor was aware he was out of shape. No Frankie didn't turn it down, he never got the call. I believe he later expressed he would've taken it (Ariels show I think).

Your right about Aldo being out of contenders though. I mean Mendes x Edgar was a title elimator, which means we where getting some kind of Aldo trilogy regardless of results.

Cormier deserved his shot at HW more than Conor did at LW given he had already fought there in the UFC and had top 5 wins without ever losing a round in the division. Conor hadn't really proved himself at LW in the UFC and went 1-1 at WW with a LW also-ran.

Hey, lets call it Iike it is... Conor made fooking history. The o.g. No Defend No Defend and the o.g. Stripped Stripped.

Hendo bless.

Cormier deserved his shot at HW more than Conor did at LW given he had already fought there in the UFC and had top 5 wins without ever losing a round in the division. Conor hadn't really proved himself at LW in the UFC and went 1-1 at WW with a LW also-ran.
I agree
TJ did not deserve a flyweight fight

Back