what's next for Katsidis???

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by how convenient, Mar 23, 2008.

1. how convenient

how convenient Green Belt

Man, wehy isit that I tend to become a fanof a guy after a LOSS? I think it shows more character, thT'S WHY. i DISLIKED fERNANDO VARGAS UNTIL HE PULLED HIMSELF UP OFF OF THE CAVVAS 4 TIMES AGAINST tITO BEFORE BEING UNABLE TO GET UP FOR A 5TH TIME. kESSLER SHOWED ME A LOT AGAINST cALHAGHE (sorry:redface:) and now Katsidis! He took Casamayor's best shots until he got caught with one he didn't see. I likehis style and he's fun to watch. Waht's next? He needs to be matched correctly before fighting another fighter with more skill like JOEL.

2. byggarn

byggarn Purple Belt

He should fight Juan Diaz next that would be a great fight but he needs to stop jumping in with his punches.

3. migessy

migessy Purple Belt

YES KATSIDIS SHOULD FIGHT J. DIAZ. HE WONT WIN BUT THAT SHOULD BE HIS NEXT FIGHT

4. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Can't say he won't win. He can do everything Diaz can do, and even hurt Casamayor. One of the things that makes Joel tough is not only does he use footwork and is elusive, but he CAN take a punch. Katsidis nearly had him done at different points. Diaz couldn't put Campbell in the same kind of danger with Nate standing right in front of him.

With two guys who can do the same thing, I'll take the bigger stronger one.

5. amhlilhaus

amhlilhaus Black Belt

basic wisdom, well done.

katsidis needs to hire arturo gatti's manager, if he could do for katsidis what he did for gatti then at the least he'll be well paid and remembered when he's gone.

I think he should be put in with a few stand in front of you light punchers for a couple of fights while he works on his defense and regains some confidence.

6. right hand lead

right hand lead Green Belt

id like a Katsidis/Juan Diaz fight

7. Grill master

Grill master Sherbro

Katsidis would destroy Juan Diaz, especially if he fought the way he did against Nate Cambell.

8. whatdahieu

whatdahieu Banned Banned

i think a better fight would be against david diaz, this diaz would also stand in front of katsidis but i think he's got less skill than juan, plus hes a southpaw and got the WBC belt so in a fight like this katsidis would presumably make more money, have a foe that should be a little easier, that would stand in front of him but isn't as fast as the other diaz and could bring in a little more dough, diaz v. morales generated more money than diaz v. campbell
    so if i was katsidis or in his camp i'd try to take on david diaz, "easier" opponent (nothing's ever really easy), southpaw (same stance as hes been training for like casamayor), stands there with him, a little slower than juan and has a belt, so this would make more sense, i think

9. how convenient

how convenient Green Belt

what about Jason Litzaou??? I know - different weight classes and Jason really needs a win, but I was thinking more for our (the fans) benefit!!!:icon_twis

10. Hitmanx 6.0

Hitmanx 6.0 Blue Belt

Jason blocks punches with his face. He's a poor mans Gatti and would lose horribly.

11. 210topdog

210topdog Orange Belt

litazaou needs a long break. i am a fan of his but he needs 2 learn some defense. he is always trying 2 put on a show and has taken way 2 much punishment in his young career. if he wre 2 fight a top name, i fear something bad will end up happening 2 him.

12. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Management vs Labour

Rocky needs to get back on TV against a decent fighter, ASAP. The fans lap him up and HBO will pay good dollar to have im on their network.

13. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I think its being talked about for the undercard of Klitshko/Pacquiao.

14. Tam-Tam

Does nobody care about Jason LItzau? Seriously. Katsidis would litterally bash him dead.

15. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

As a serious challenge to a top fighter? Meh.

I'll tune in to watch him on ESPN or Shobox, though. His fights are exciting.

16. Tam-Tam

I meant more care for his saftey. His management have a lot fo answer for. The kid already features a veteran slur and is on the fast track to dribblesville. It's not cool.

17. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Oh.

Yeah, that is true.

He does seem like a softball.

Who knows, maybe thats just how he is.

18. Tam-Tam

The way he is being managed reminds me a bit of Courtney Burton, from a few years ago. Got a couple of decent wins and they rushed the kid into big fights that he wasn't ready for. When he was trounced in BRUTAL fashion a couple of times....all his camp did was put him right back into those same kinds of fights.

What it got him, was an early retirement and one of the worst cases of mismanagement I've ever witness in all my years observing the sport.

19. migessy

migessy Purple Belt

i heard on espn deportes that katsidis next fight is going to be agaisnt jesus "el matador" chavez.

20. Tam-Tam

Guaranteed fun. Chavez will die.