what's next for Katsidis???

Katsidis is an exciting fighter. He will get fights. And I agree that it's best his handlers give him someone easy to build him back up. Even though I would LOVE to watch him fight Juan Diaz for his next fight, it's best to give him a warm up.

basic wisdom, well done.

katsidis needs to hire arturo gatti's manager, if he could do for katsidis what he did for gatti then at the least he'll be well paid and remembered when he's gone.

I think he should be put in with a few stand in front of you light punchers for a couple of fights while he works on his defense and regains some confidence.

It's odd how those two fights played out, for Katsidis and Diaz. Diaz showed so much promise, but showed he could be out-manned, which was always my concern if he fought Katsidis, who IMO hits harder.

Meanwhile Michael and Joel put on a HELL of a show, with both struggling, life-or-death, and Michael got caught making a fundamental mistake, but after a showing of admirable ferocity.

Threw everything into disarray.

I'm anxious to see how it cleans up, especially with Pac and JMM in the mix.

It's odd how those two fights played out, for Katsidis and Diaz. Diaz showed so much promise, but showed he could be out-manned, which was always my concern if he fought Katsidis, who IMO hits harder.
Meanwhile Michael and Joel put on a HELL of a show, with both struggling, life-or-death, and Michael got caught making a fundamental mistake, but after a showing of admirable ferocity.

Threw everything into disarray.

I'm anxious to see how it cleans up, especially with Pac and JMM in the mix.

i always felt that katsidis lacked the seasoning to beat diaz, yeah he had ferocity and power; but he lacked the experience and discipline, which is what cost him against casa. He turned the fight around and was using a solid adjust in strategic and basic (but solid tech) to wear down and wear out joel; then he got overanxious and ran right into a shot and it was a wrap.

i felt diaz can be manhandled and roughed up and outworked; but u have to have a certain amount of disciplined in how u hand out the punishment, u can't just swing w/him or load up. Katsidis couldn't have pulled that out, i think nate is the only guy i felt had that skill, exp, toughness, activity rate, power and discipline to apply the strategy.

katsidis is young and has an exciting style; that being said i don't know if he will be around 3-4years from now, he pitches great..but catches way more than i think a guy of his ranking and potential should an it will catch up w/him as he faces the better/bigger punchers (campbell) and i think if amir khan is as good as we think, im sure he puts katsidis away in another year or two.

I meant more care for his saftey. His management have a lot fo answer for. The kid already features a veteran slur and is on the fast track to dribblesville. It's not cool.

litzaus managment is obv trying to cash out on the kid, he is similar to arturo gatti; he has alot more overall and natural ability in regards to boxing, he just lacks the discipline to apply it and while he is eager to go to war..he obviously lacks arturos durability. He is gonna be brain dead or at the least out of boxing in less than 2yrs if they keep matching him w/world class killing machines.

his management is just as bad as feliciano's, who after a crushing ko loss to cintron put him in w/another puncher, its ludicrous.

times like this i really can appreciate the job gattis people did for him; he fought tough, skilled and exp guys, but he was never put on the chopping block like these guys are....

litzau has more ability and a fan friendly style but his management seems determined to get the kid killed

Katsidis is an exciting fighter. He will get fights. And I agree that it's best his handlers give him someone easy to build him back up. Even though I would LOVE to watch him fight Juan Diaz for his next fight, it's best to give him a warm up.

dude you must be living in an alternate reality, if u think katsidis is having an easy fight agaisn't Jesus Chavez! Chavez is a world class fighter, at worst an A level fighter, which i cant consider katsidis to be.(atleast not yet) Chavez has great boxing skills, he's not afraid to trade when he has to. he has a great chin, unless his corner stops this fight when it shouldn't be stopped( the mayweather fight) chavez has a GREAT chance to win this fight. i cant wait for the odds to come out on this fight. im sure chavez will be an underdog and im willing to bet 1K if hes +150 or more. by the way chavez has only lost 4 fights in his career agaisnt mayweather jr., erick morales i think david gerenoa (which was his 5th or 8th fight, im not sure. and this guy was a world title contender) he also lost to julio diaz when he hurt his knee. I CANT belive you think of this fight as a WARM UP!! im willing to bet a signature, which i choose for you to wear, or one that you choose for me to wear, for 2 months on this fight.i got chavez .

i felt diaz can be manhandled and roughed up and outworked; but u have to have a certain amount of disciplined in how u hand out the punishment, u can't just swing w/him or load up. Katsidis couldn't have pulled that out, i think nate is the only guy i felt had that skill, exp, toughness, activity rate, power and discipline to apply the strategy.

Hmm, Nate did exactly that, swing with him and load up, taking advantage of the fact that Diaz works steady but doesn't hit that hard.

Keep in-mind Nate is the same guy who has some pretty silly moments in the ring, including sticking his chin out and getting hurt bad for it. He's not the picture of discipline, and he stayed shoulder-to-shoulder with Diaz. He matched activity, was bigger, hit harder, and could take Diaz's punch, and managed to cut him. He didn't dance around or out-box Diaz. Those things, I think Katsidis is pretty capable of.

Hmm, Nate did exactly that, swing with him and load up, taking advantage of the fact that Diaz works steady but doesn't hit that hard.

Keep in-mind Nate is the same guy who has some pretty silly moments in the ring, including sticking his chin out and getting hurt bad for it. He's not the picture of discipline, and he stayed shoulder-to-shoulder with Diaz. He matched activity, was bigger, hit harder, and could take Diaz's punch, and managed to cut him. He didn't dance around or out-box Diaz. Those things, I think Katsidis is pretty capable of.

i called the fight as soon as it was made, i thought everyone diaz fought brought a limited amount of thing to the table, sim-strength/power freitas-athleticism/power diaz-boxing skills/exp and so on and so on.

nate campbell brought all those things in one package, not to mention the discipline and conditioning; as good as diaz is, he had holes and was suspect as to what he would do in a war. An im not talking about a war when the opp is trying to match what he is doing and not be overwhelmed; im talking about an opponent who set the pace, upped the pace and determined the intensity of the fight.

katsidis has strength,power; but to me his athleticism isn't as dynamic as nate, even at this stage and neither is his boxing or exp. He might be able to ko or just beat up diaz, but i think he gets too aggressive, wide and ends up matching the pace..but not being off/def responsible which results in him getting the worse of the exchanges and getting stopped on cuts or just outright koed.

if he lasts katsidis can become this fighter; but he will prob be fighting juan in the next year or so and i don;t THINK he will make enough tech or mental progress to not get beat. Luckily he is strong tough and conditioned enough to be competitive in spite of his mental shortcomings; but he lacks the polish, that will be the difference.

Nate Campbell brought discipline? Ok, explain to me where you pulled that thought from, please.

dude you must be living in an alternate reality, if u think katsidis is having an easy fight agaisn't Jesus Chavez! Chavez is a world class fighter, at worst an A level fighter, which i cant consider katsidis to be.(atleast not yet) Chavez has great boxing skills, he's not afraid to trade when he has to. he has a great chin, unless his corner stops this fight when it shouldn't be stopped( the mayweather fight) chavez has a GREAT chance to win this fight. i cant wait for the odds to come out on this fight. im sure chavez will be an underdog and im willing to bet 1K if hes +150 or more. by the way chavez has only lost 4 fights in his career agaisnt mayweather jr., erick morales i think david gerenoa (which was his 5th or 8th fight, im not sure. and this guy was a world title contender) he also lost to julio diaz when he hurt his knee. I CANT belive you think of this fight as a WARM UP!! im willing to bet a signature, which i choose for you to wear, or one that you choose for me to wear, for 2 months on this fight.i got chavez .

First thing... I never said anything about Jesus Chavez. I said Katsidis needs a warm up.

However, at 35, bum knee, and bad habits, Jesus Chavez is not the same Jesus Chavez you believe him to be. Jesus is a tough son of a bitch, but he will still lose and IMO, quite soundly.

Lug I think that Av is bringing out the worst in you.

if he lasts katsidis can become this fighter; but he will prob be fighting juan in the next year or so and i don;t THINK he will make enough tech or mental progress to not get beat. Luckily he is strong tough and conditioned enough to be competitive in spite of his mental shortcomings; but he lacks the polish, that will be the difference.

I think we may have seen two different fights, because I don't think polish won that fight at all for Nate as much as grit, toughness, and a hard punch did.

Fuck a sig, I'm willing to bet my account that Chavez don;t beat Katsidis.

Back