What's next for Gatekeeper Cerrone ?

shankmcgank

Beep/Boop/Bop
@Black
Reaction score
It's obvious he will never contend again for a title.

4-7 in his last 11, one of his wins coming against Mike Perry, who if it wasn't for his fan friendly style, likely would have been cut ages ago.

Cerrone also has 3 KO/TKO losses in a row, and now apparently has facial fractures from those vicious and devastating 2 inch shoulder strikes from McTapper.

To say his entire face is made of fractured glass, would be a compliment.

What should Cerrone do ? Continue trying to obtain Aaron Hernandez level CTE ? Retire ?

And more importantly, what does Pink Goof Dana and Sean Shelby do with Cerrone ? Turn him into a permanent gatekeeper, having him face up and comes, or cut him from the UFC ?

One or two pretty decent wins knowing him.....after the big fight.

He's not gonna get cut ever. He's gonna continue fighting top 10 level guys or lower ranked ones at WW

4-7 in his last 11, one of his wins coming against Mike Perry, who if it wasn't for his fan friendly style, likely would have been cut ages ago.

Cerrone also has 3 KO/TKO losses in a row, and now apparently has facial fractures from those vicious and devastating 2 inch shoulder strikes from McTapper.

What should Cerrone do ? Continue trying to obtain Aaron Hernandez level CTE ? Retire ?

And more importantly, what does Pink Goof Dana and Sean Shelby do with Cerrone ? Turn him into a permanent gatekeeper, having him face up and comes, or cut him from the UFC ?
I'd like to refer to him as "Jobber" Cerrone

Although he's been KO'd 3 times in a row, those were against 3 of the top 5 LW's on the planet.

There are lots of good fights available for Cowboy out there. He wants to keep fighting, and there's nothing indicating that he can't still beat a large portion of the LW division. I think a rematch with Pettis makes sense next for both fighters, fun fight.

Loser of Felder/Hooker
Neither guy presents a huge threat to KO him. Rangy fighters are his type of fights.

Although he's been KO'd 3 times in a row, those were against 3 of the top 5 LW's on the planet.

There are lots of good fights available for Cowboy out there. He wants to keep fighting, and there's nothing indicating that he can't still beat a large portion of the LW division. I think a rematch with Pettis makes sense next for both fighters, fun fight.
I think Pettis clobbers him. Cowboy shouldn't be allowed to fight for at least 8 or 9 months.

cerrone should retire, that statement " this is what i do I´ll fight in a couple of months and get KTFO again" is becoming old.

After the conor fight they need to just give cowboy some lower ranked guys to light up for some highlight reel tkos then let him retire.

A couple of easy wins so they can build him up to go get beat up by another contender

He should ride off into the sunset before he turns into Chuck Liddell

I think he should take 6-8 months off. When he comes back a rematch with Pettis at 170 or a fight with Vicente Lucque would be cool.

If he wants to go back to 155 a rematch with Barboza (once he fails at 145) or a fight with Dan Hooker (if he loses vs Felder)

Just retire now.

All ya gotta do is train shoulders to beat him

line up all the goofs that said he took a dive and he can dispense with them 1 after another

seeing as all of those who said it are so tough, and think they could do better

Back