What's next for Gatekeeper Cerrone ?

More than likely he can probably retire after the payday he got from fighting McGregor.

however, he will probably want to go out on a win.

Cowboy is officially a gatekeeper now. I doubt he will ever be cut from UFC though, much like BJ Penn. Maybe a fight with Jim Miller, Clay Guida, or even BJ could be on the horizon when he heels. Plenty of guys that would like to fight him!

Stay at WW no need to cut weight anymore at this point in career. imo

I kinda want to see a rematch between Cerrone and Pettis at this point. See if Pettis can get another great performance or maybe it’s closer this time round.

A long time to recover please.
Then a fight at 170 with an other old fighter could be the right show.
Pettis is not consistent, but might be to much for cowboy.
I can see a buz for ; Sanchez ; Condit ; Maia

Take winnable, low pressure fights against other gatekeepers, continue to entertain us because he's a fan favorite. Obviously he likes fighting and it makes him happy, so I don't see him retiring anytime soon for the best or the worst. No more Top 5 guys

The only thing that bothers me is that he's getting hit and KO'd way too much. The man has a kid now, he needs to take care of his health/brain if he wants to remember he has a son in 10 years

If he wants to keep banging, someone like Condit / Diego would be a fun scrap.

Cowboy is pretty flexible he can fight at LW and WW so there's plenty of match ups for him. As long as he only fights mid level guys like Mike Perry and Rick Story he'll keep getting his POTN bonuses, not a bad deal.

He should indeed take on the role of gatekeeper. Whenever the UFC has a hot prospect on the rise (ranked 10-15), give them Cowboy. If they beat him, then they got a nice win over a legend on their resume and can take on a Top 10 fighter next.

Jarl

Ronda Rousey. She is marketable, needs a win, and Donald is a company man on a new contract.

Sounds like the right circumstances to me

It's obvious he will never contend again for a title.

4-7 in his last 11, one of his wins coming against Mike Perry, who if it wasn't for his fan friendly style, likely would have been cut ages ago.

Cerrone also has 3 KO/TKO losses in a row, and now apparently has facial fractures from those vicious and devastating 2 inch shoulder strikes from McTapper.

To say his entire face is made of fractured glass, would be a compliment.

What should Cerrone do ? Continue trying to obtain Aaron Hernandez level CTE ? Retire ?

And more importantly, what does Pink Goof Dana and Sean Shelby do with Cerrone ? Turn him into a permanent gatekeeper, having him face up and comes, or cut him from the UFC ?
I imagine he could fight Tony a few more times to pad that 12 fight win streak he has. He is already on there once with other legendary names like Mike Rio , Castillo,Vannatta ,Kikuno and Trujillo.

Gillespie or Pettis but he probably destroys Gregor which would be an unfortunate derailing.

Back