Whats next for Erick Silva?

It is just Dana's failed attempt to push a young prospect only to have it slap back in his face lol. This kid is just not ready for the Big Leagues. I really think he should be cut and go to Shark Fights or somewhere lesser.

He's 29, so he no longer qualifies as a kid or prospect.

Good fighter whos hype train I jumped on, but after getting dominated on the ground and KO'd on the feet by someone whos never had a KO before I dont see him getting anywhere near a title shot, maybe top10.

Still a fan as he puts on great fights

Should bring back Che Mills and let them fight.

Good fighter whos hype train I jumped on, but after getting dominated on the ground and KO'd on the feet by someone whos never had a KO before I dont see him getting anywhere near a title shot, maybe top10.

Still a fan as he puts on great fights

Oh yeah and he has no heart

Stop only throwing shots in bursts a couple of times a round and not have really really bad cardio.

And get a chin.

Not hating, and like watching him, but he's not going to cut it as a top 10 WW.

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif

Not hating - I mean get a *good* chin - you can't be KOd cold by Dong and be a top 10 WW, no?

I feel bad for the dude, but I think I realize now that the dude's greatest enemies are good grapplers. I remember thinkin' he could be the next big thing until Brenneman started to take him down then I thought yeah maybe not but I still thought he had time to improve but now I'm not even sure he can beat any top guys in the division. The loss to DHK I believe is due to DHK's grappling. Losing that first round had Silva anxious and he just went desperado trying to finish the fight. Seems to me if he didn't do that, he probably would've lost a decision but maybe could've gotten a TKO with patience, but yeah dunno about that. Exciting fighter though.

He's got his flaws, but he was performing pretty well last night, great fight. He's pretty much hit his ceiling, IMO, but that doesn't mean he cant have a long UFC career - he beats everyone outside te top 10 I reckon.

Stick him in there with Mike Pyle next.

I'm happy watching him beat up tomato cans maybe thr siyar/howard loser.

Wow, glad someone said this. I personally can't stand guys like Shogun and Fedor, not because I don't like them but their delusional fans are fucking terrible. The same goes with DHK, his fans are annoying as fuck.

The unfortunate thing about DHK is that it's just like four guys on Sherdog who instead of making fans, just get annoying and make more DHK haters obviously trying to promote Korean supremacy. And the moment DHK loses, everyone is going to turn on him like they did Shogun and Fedor.

He still has potential.. But there are guys in Bellator that have potential as well, and the UFC is/should be that next level at most weight classes.. And it is. That being said I think Koreschev is a better prospect than E. Silva.

E. Silva is young, athletic, and has an exiting style.. A lot of things working for him. But he is just not an elite fighter yet.. He is right there with the Koreschev's of the world, possibly a step behind.

Couple more squash fights on Brazil cards then another step up. Don't write him off just yet.

Put him vs Thiago Alves and make me a happy man

OMG, I just pictured this fight in my head.

Thiago would absolutely punish Erick Silva if he fought like he did in his bout with DHK. Alves has the most deadly MT in WW. Erick swinging for the fences with his arms down gassed out 4 minutes of the fight is certain death.

Alves demolishes him in the first round with leg kicks, the clinch, or an easy counter.

Even with injury and layoffs Alves is in another galaxy. This is coming from a fan of both guys.

Alves will toy with Silva...This isnt even close any way you look at it. His only chance is to take him down and go for a sub while he has gas in the tank.

I'm sorry but erick deserves to be criticized. It was his low fight iq and bad decisions that cost him the fight. He is probably the best raw talent at ww since gsp and he blew it cause he didn't fight smart.

Im a big fan and will continue to be.....but very disappointed in silva tonight

"best raw talent at ww since gsp" ... not even close. Yes you are a big fan, but not very realistic.

Rory blows him away in every category.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back