What's in your guacamole?

drstrangelov

Hey.
@Gold
Reaction score
Outside of your standard stuff, and maybe cilantro, what do you put in your guacamole to make it unique?

I hate cilantro.

But I've been meaning to make my own guacamole for a while, i'll make sure I steal a good recipe from this thread when it's done.

You could add bacon. I don't, but it works.

When I make avocado sauce I'll add in a little squash. It sort of mellows out the flavor in a good way.

Avacado, squash, tomatillo, cilantro, salt, jalapeno or serrano, garlic.

I keep mine very simple, just avocado, red onion, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and lime.

I dated a Mexican girl for a couple of years and learning to make good guac was the best thing to come out of the relationship.

I couldn't do without cilantro (it's coriander dammit !!) and I use spring onions instead of regular. Sometimes some greek yoghurt too, depending on the avocados.

I keep mine very simple, just avocado, red onion, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and lime.

I dated a Mexican girl for a couple of years and learning to make good guac was the best thing to come out of the relationship.

How do you prepare the garlic?

I also think guac is best when it is simple.

I couldn't do without cilantro

Some aren't able to taste cilantro like people who enjoy it can. I mean that literally, they literally can't taste it correctly and to them it tastes like soap. So I don't hold it against people who don't like cilantro. But I love it and will always add it if I'm only cooking for myself.

That's how I do it as well, but I'm making it today, see if I can't pick up a few interesting tricks.

I couldn't do without cilantro (it's coriander dammit !!) and I use spring onions instead of regular. Sometimes some greek yoghurt too, depending on the avocados.

I usually skip it, since the unit size for sale at the market near me is absurd, I always ending up throwing most of it out. It definitely adds something, but I don't like tossing food, and I'm not about to use it in anything else any time soon.

I made a blue cheese & bacon guacamole last year.

How could something that sounds so freaking awesome taste so f'n minging ... kept mine basic ever since with red onion, roasted garlic, jalapeno, diced up tomato cheeks cumin, salt, pepper & Cilantro.

I take the garlic cloves and lay them flat on a butting board. I put flat pat of the knife on the glove and crush it with the heel of my palm. I separate the garlic from the skin and then mince the garlic. I think that is the best way to release the oils in the garlic.

I also think guac is best when it is simple.

Some aren't able to taste cilantro like people who enjoy it can. I mean that literally, they literally can't taste it correctly and to them it tastes like soap. So I don't hold it against people who don't like cilantro. But I love it and will always add it if I'm only cooking for myself.
Yeah someone on Sherdog said it's chemical thing within your body, you either love it or despise it.
I usually skip it, since the unit size for sale at the market near me is absurd, I always ending up throwing most of it out. It definitely adds something, but I don't like tossing food, and I'm not about to use it in anything else any time soon.

I've only just done it myself but it grows really quickly if you have a decent climate and some outdoor space.

I take the garlic cloves and lay them flat on a butting board. I put flat pat of the knife on the glove and crush it with the heel of my palm. I separate the garlic from the skin and then mince the garlic. I think that is the best way to release the oils in the garlic.

Ok, thanks.

I'm surprised how many like cumin in guac. I hate it. I especially can't stand cumin in salsa.

I use avacado, jalapeno, fresh squeeze of lemon and lime, salt pepper lemon pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes , shredded cheese and toostitos hint of lime or jalapeno chips

Onion, cored tomato, cilantro, thick cut bacon, sage, blue cheese, minced garlic, and salt/pepper. Sometimes some grilled jalapeno.

Avo
Cilantro
Tomato
Hot peppers
Onion
Garlic
Salt
Orange juice

I can't stand guacamole so I couldn't tell you if it's good, but my buddies wife makes it with avocado, s&p, garlic, some crushed tomatoes, lime, cilantro and chipotle tabasco. Everyone else eats that shit by the dish and loves it.

Its best when kept simple, avocado, jalape

avocado, salsa verde and cilantro is how my mom taught me. maybe some salt.

Tableside guacamole is the best

server_zps997c5684.gif

Back