Whats has been more destructive American Society in recent times?

What's caused most harm to American society

• Legalization of Weed

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Prescription opiods

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Social media

Votes: 34 56.7%

• Total voters
Guessing you're seeing what you want to see.

Guessing your friends in law enforcement see any reform as the enemy. This is coming from someone with a very healthy respect for that position.

Although I'm sure I harbor some biases, thinking that I don't would be unrealistic. That said, IDK.... man the anti-policing changes and refusal to prosecute criminals for violent crimes is more factual than opinion in Chicago.

How the Fuck is Cannabis on that list and I'm glad almost no one is picking it. It's a tough call but I'd say Social Media and then Opiods. I've witnessed first hand what Dr's and their pill mills can cause.

Social Media is up there, but Opioids has killed around 100K in the US alone.

View attachment 1028093

While 100K sounds like a lot

It could be argued Social Media has had a far wider, even global negative impact on mental health and the Social fabric. Suicide, depression, negative self image... All can be linked to Social Media.

Also

Would Trump have been President without Twitter? lol...

Guess it depends we you stand

Although I'm sure I harbor some biases, thinking that I don't would be unrealistic. That said, IDK.... man the anti-policing changes and refusal to prosecute criminals for violent crimes is more factual than opinion in Chicago.

I'd be interested in hearing some specifics on anti-policing and refusal to prosecute. I know those are staple conservative talking points, but it would be useful to drill down and find if there's actually any truth there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back