Media What's going on with Rogan and Topuria?

Rogan fucking sucks at his job.
Leave out or replace Rogan/DC and you have the ingredients for a decent commentating team. Anik isn't bad, and the role they have Din Thomas in is pretty good. Sanko is good. Ad one better color commentator, it would be decent.

You should all be happy to have fighters like Ryan Hall. He makes for at least 1 interesting fight on a bad fight night card. He wants to try a different approach? Fine, why not? It works sometimes. If it ruins someone's knee, that's still better than ruining their brain. If they have to retire due to a heel hook, that's still helping their brains long term :cool:

GSP fanbois are already familiar with Rogan's biases.

GSP's fight finder page looks like Joe Rogan's favourite fighter list.

You don't understand how commentary works idiot. They are not robots to be 50/50 all the time. Sometimes they talk about one fighter in good light and then plan to do the same later, but KO happens early and they don't get the chance to do it. Sometimes they get too absorbed and get carried away by the action itself so it seems biased. Sometimes yes they sell the fighter because he is more marketable. It's their job.

Rogan full on swallowed the cum of his hollywood elite status somewhere around 2017-18 and he's been a stumbling fumbling goofshow ever since in everything he does. As far as his fight calling goes, it's like anything else. Stop doing it and the ring rust seeps in. Add that to the fact that Joe has always pushed his personal biases and now that's pretty much all he has to lean on, besides OHHH every time something inconsequential happens.

I noticed Rogan seems to be bias towards some guys in commentary if they previously beat one of his favorite fighters and Topuria beating Hall checks that box
In all honesty I hope he retires, even the hype he brings feels forced now and he has a lot of trouble calling the action
Rogan has sucked for years. Love when he's not calling the fights

Commentary isnt journalism..you can be bias as a commentator...your their to comment on the game/fight from your point and provide insights ..

Rogan is a Jitz head so obviously hes going to say things like that for Hall ... Just like DC when his own team mates are fighting or wrestlers in general...

Theres nothing in the job description that says you cant speak from a your own point of view as a commentator in fact ...thats the actual point of commentators...

Dont see the issue here...Rogan reacted when Topuria hit and koed him he still called the fight and said Topuria smashed him at the end ...its not like he ignored that or tried to play it off

Joe also tends to elaborate on fighters or techniques he understands the most. I haven’t seen really any signs of him expanding on his limited repertoire of expressions and vocabulary for over a decade now. He’s been on autopilot for years and he does not do the research that someone like Don Cruz does. I personally find Joe very mentally lazy.

I noticed Rogan seems to be bias towards some guys in commentary if they previously beat one of his favorite fighters and Topuria beating Hall checks that box
In all honesty I hope he retires, even the hype he brings feels forced now and he has a lot of trouble calling the action

rogan has not been good for a very long time. i think he's too focused on podcasts, comedy, and whatever other interests he has outside of the ufc. i wouldn't care at all if he was gone tomorrow.

Hogan does this on almost every card. DC too. They literally fellate one fighter they like and discount everything their opponent does.

Often times it epically backfires on them when their golden boy gets starched.
I literally hate that the word literally doesn't mean literally anymore.
Literally.

Did anyone watch fight companion or see their reaction to Volk/Mak 1? He was CONVINCED Volk won. Mins you he's normally drunk and/or baked on those shows so perception could've been skewed.
One can make a case he won, but to call it a robbery was silly

Volk is short and bald and almost beat Islam, he is Joes representative.

Back