What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Ben guy was really good with the jab and keeping the right distance with it.
Made things really difficult for Oscar who had to fight a smart guy like that with both size and strength disadvantage.
Oscar seems to have a knack for counterpunching. He did some nice catching and shooting on the ropes.

That Ben guy was really good with the jab and keeping the right distance with it.
Made things really difficult for Oscar who had to fight a smart guy like that with both size and strength disadvantage.
Oscar seems to have a knack for counterpunching. He did some nice catching and shooting on the ropes.

Oscar is actually a very aggressive pressure fighter. But we've been working on methods of dealing with reach disadvantages. Sometimes he likes to stay outside until you fuck up.

Did you see the heavyweights in the previous post?

Along with the Norwegians, Arnor was visiting from Iceland and sharing some revelations he had about punching and delivering of force. Has a lot to do with lat flex, shoulder stability, and elbow drive. Power increases a lot, but so does injury risk if done improperly:

Also, this is how my groups look nowadays:

Last edited:
MarcAnthony sparring with "El Ogro" Miguel Veliz. Miguel is the Chilean SHW Amateur Champion and is here for a month to prepare for his upcoming International Qualifier for Tokyo...with me. Yeah I dont know how this happened, but its happening:

Along with the Norwegians, Arnor was visiting from Iceland and sharing some revelations he had about punching and delivering of force. Has a lot to do with lat flex, shoulder stability, and elbow drive. Power increases a lot, but so does injury risk if done improperly:

Also, this is how my groups look nowadays:

I really enjoyed the first video, Arnor can really explain well how to perform the technique.

Seemed to me he touched on the Jack Dempsey approach of being relaxed while throwing the punch, then tense on impact. Also, the angle of the hook was similar to GGG’s, while the Kazakh throws them with more a downward angle.

MarcAnthony sparring with "El Ogro" Miguel Veliz. Miguel is the Chilean SHW Amateur Champion and is here for a month to prepare for his upcoming International Qualifier for Tokyo...with me. Yeah I dont know how this happened, but its happening:

That's huge, man! Congratulations

That's huge, man! Congratulations

Thanks, it's actually pretty nerve-racking to try and add to an already very very good fighter. But on the first day I was able to show him moves he didnt yet have. So that's very good. And he was quite impressed with MarcAnthony for only having 9 fights.

I really enjoyed the first video, Arnor can really explain well how to perform the technique.

Seemed to me he touched on the Jack Dempsey approach of being relaxed while throwing the punch, then tense on impact. Also, the angle of the hook was similar to GGG’s, while the Kazakh throws them with more a downward angle.

It's very Russian in style. But hes tweaked it a bit so that there are a range of punches you can throw with minimal effort, but maximum effect

MarcAnthony is looking really good. He seems to have made quite a few improvements recently, not surprised the guy from Chile was impressed, the big fella is moving really well.

Oscar is actually a very aggressive pressure fighter. But we've been working on methods of dealing with reach disadvantages. Sometimes he likes to stay outside until you fuck up.

Did you see the heavyweights in the previous post?
Ι missed that one. Thanks. I enjoy watching MarcAnthony from your current crop the most. I liked his jab against Jeremiah. He was slower than him, but Jeremiah couldn't react to them. Like he threw them off beat or something.

Glad to learn you got a new student like that. He's not only a first class amateur but pretty skilled as well, not just a product of his athleticism like most of the guys who spar against your fighters.
So it speaks volumes for MarcAnthony hanging with him that well.

I never had Tilly. I would like to, eventually. Eric has been out of the gym due to shitty grades.

This MarcAnthony guy looked really good. Moves well for a big guy, listens to you, protects himself, looks like he is thinking in there, is aware of his distance and has a few slick but solidly technical moves. Add to that he's a southpaw. I know a lot can happen, but what's your thougths on his potential?

My Utah guy Jimmy's fight from today. Not sure how the other guy won but...:

Last edited:
Sure, but that kid barely landed any punches of significance. Even the ref was alarmed, he almost raised Jimmy's hand

Sometimes it doesn't matter.
With these judges only solution looks KO or at least TKO a guy. Sadly.

The most "insteresting" judges I saw in some semi contact tournaments, not boxe or KB.

I'm just not sure how that applies to this fight. That kid didnt come anywhere near harming Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back