What would you say are Anderson's top 5 wins to date

1) Henderson
2) Sakurai
2) Franklin
4) Forrest
5) Sonnen

I would say Hendo losing to prime Rampage in a competitive five round fight shows that Henderson is in great shape.

I didn't really make any sort of statement about his shape, I just figure that within the context, at the time, in Franklin you have a one time loss to Machida UFC champ on a pretty good streak against a greener, less established Silva. As opposed to an established world champ beating a challenger coming off a loss. Hendo is probably one of the toughest fights you can get at this moment in time, but back then, with the loss to Rampage and Silva's dominance as champ, I lean towards the first dismantling Franklin victory. It's a tough call, ask me again tomorrow

I think it's telling that it's so hard to even find a top 5.

Don't get me wrong, Anderson is a freak of nature, however he has benefited from fighting in a weak division. MW is stronger now, but he had a free ride for a while.

Ace was champ.

that didnt take long.

That's the issue with Silva, the lack of names on his record. He's beaten many guys that are considered good but very few that are considered great.

People always bag on Anderson for this, but look at GSP's best 5

Hughes, BJ, then some order of Kos, Condit, Fitch, Sherk and Karo

Not taking away from GSP's saying its hard to have that many all time greats on your list

Belfort
Sonnen
Hendo
Newton
Forrest or Okami tied for 5th

That's the issue with Silva, the lack of names on his record. He's beaten many guys that are considered good but very few that are considered great.

Hendo was one of the greatest of all time. Franklin and Sakurai were also considered great when Silva beat them.

People always bag on Anderson for this, but look at GSP's best 5

Hughes, BJ, then some order of Kos, Condit, Fitch, Sherk and Karo

Not taking away from GSP's saying its hard to have that many all time greats on your list

Silva, Fedor, and GSP will always be considered as all time greats(Jones could be the next as well).

I think GSP has beaten better competition though. It's all subjective. I still consider Silva greater anyway.

I made this exact thread before. I can't remember my list but I believe it was something like:

1. Hendo
2. Sakurai
3. Franklin
4. Griffin
5. Belfort

Franklin
Hendo
Forrest
Vitor
Sakurai

Not in that order.

HAYATO SAKURAI was considered the best fighter in the world when Silva beat him.

I think NATE MARQUARDT is often overlooked and just awesome, so he would make the list for me.

SONNEN II because of their first fight plus the immense pressure put on his shoulders.

Then I guess winning the UFC title from RICH FRANKLIN and then DAN HENDERSON.

Sonnen 1
Hendo
Sonnen 2
Griffin
Belfort

If you look at his Sakurai win irrespective of what Mach went on to do after the fight, it looks very impressive but I am, perhaps unfairly, taking away its worth a little bit. Franklin 1 was impressive, though people don't really realize that Franklin hadn't done that much before the fight. For all those that say Sonnen was made by his mouth, he has the second best resume in MW history if you by ranked wins. Marquardt is a good win, just missed the cut. Okami is a good win, narrowly missing the cut. It is a shame he never got a crack at Lindland.

mach
hendo (coming off a loss)
sonnen
franklin
okami

Jones
GSP
Machida
Weidman
Mayweather

Yeah it was pretty cool when he beat all those guys

No ome including leben... The man who destroyed wanderlei? For shameeeee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back