What would you be willing to pay for a PPV?

GordonMMARamsey

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Fans think $50-$60 is too much, and most aren't willing to pay it. What would the price need to be, for you to buy it?

with the gas price low as it is probably 4.99, if it goes up 1.99

For me to regularly purchase anything below a completely stacked to the hilt card, it would have to be $20 or below.

If I'm watching it alone.....probably $10. Once upon a time I probably would have paid more, but my interest is waning.

I would be fine with $25.

Boxing is gonna charge 100 for Floyd/Manny.

3, 5 if it's really interesting.

25$. 35$ for a card with a superfight.

Back in the days, 50$ for a card full of great fights wasn't that expensive. But these days, cards are usually boring except for the last 2 fights.... Too many cards is killing the product. It's like Nascar.

UFC got greedy and they're hurting their product

Sub to fight pass for 20-25 a month to get all content including ppv.

Create a bundle with Fight Pass. The PPV package should be an add-on to the base subscription price. I'd even be happy to pay for a year in advance if they gave a reasonable price break.

$10/fight pass
$20/PPV add-on

They could get a guaranteed $30/month from me, every month, money up front. They wouldn't be splitting it with carriers and everyone wins.

2013 I might have skipped one or two PPV events - 2014 I started skipping a number of them. If things stay the same, 2015 I'll be cherry picking which ones I buy. There is no saving PPV in the current out of date model.

Fans think $50-$60 is too much, and most aren't willing to pay it. What would the price need to be, for you to buy it?

it really depend on the PPV.

If they would be stacked top to bottom, 50-60 is not expensive.
But we are getting terrible cards.
It is so bad, that if a main event falls though, they'd have to cancel... probably the reason they let Jon fight DC IMO... and that was one of the better cards! But take away the Main event, it wouldn't be worth the money!

they nee to make 4 or 6 PPV's per year. This way they could stack it top to bottom and I would have no problem paying 50-60 bucks for it.

$10. Otherwise I'd rather spend the money buying a couple drinks and hanging out with friends, and just read the play-by-plays.

30 or less

Seriously people paid 60+ dollars for the Jones/Cormier card and it was terrible, what a waste of money

In all honesty it's only worth $20 cause every fight card is watered down. If UFC put together 3 title fights with actual #1 contenders I could see paying $50 maybe $60. Since that will never happen I will continue to watch free HD streams of the PPV's.

To be honest, Im not willing to pay more than I already do for fightpass. I live in a country where the main events start 3-4 at night. So Im going to watch the fights when I wake up the morning after anyhow.

Same here. The UFC charges me about 16 euros to watch a PPV, which I would probably be willing to pay if it aired at a normal time in the evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back