What would you be willing to pay for a PPV?

25$. 35$ for a card with a superfight.

Back in the days, 50$ for a card full of great fights wasn't that expensive. But these days, cards are usually boring except for the last 2 fights.... Too many cards is killing the product. It's like Nascar.

UFC got greedy and they're hurting their product

But - aren't the same guys racing every race in NASCAR?

$10 for a watered down card with big main event, $20 for stacked card. Anything else is absurd.

In all honesty it's only worth $20 cause every fight card is watered down. If UFC put together 3 title fights with actual #1 contenders I could see paying $50 maybe $60. If that ever happens I will continue to watch free HD streams of the PPV's.

You are right. The PPV's I haven't ordered I get just as much enjoyment from being on the Sherdog forums reading what everyone is saying during the fights.

To answer the original question I think $30 for a PPV is about right.

If you had say

Fedor/brock
Davis/rumble
Condit/woodley
Benson/melendez
Siver/edgar

I'd pay 100.00

I would probably spend $20-$30 to watch most of the PPV's. Thats about what I spend if I go out to the bar so its not going to hurt my wallet too bad.

But then if they lump in fight pass and PPVS - will people complain if they have 1 PPV in Jan, 2 in Feb, and 1 in march - why are the months wit 1 PPV the same price as the months with 2?

I have UFC network, 10 dlls a month and you can watch ALL the events

It's just not as social a thing anymore. I usually have to really work to get five buddies over to make it around $10 each....

In addition, fewer and fewer bars/pubs in Victoria are showing the fights...

I would buy more PPVs if it was reasonably priced to watch either alone or with only one or two buds. Honestly, 20-25 I think is the maximum price based on the value I'm getting.

$20

The ppvs aren't worth any more now. They use to be stacked and I bought every single one. Now they aren't and I hardly buy any. After buying the jones ppv, it is going to have to be an epic card for me to buy a ppv again.

If it's just me watching (which it usually is, groupwatching goes way down when the cards get watered down):

0-$5 for the lame PPVs
$5-$10 for a typical PPV
$15 for a loaded PPV (of which there really aren't any anymore)

i wont ever pay for a ppv ever agin. i ordered them when my dad wanted to see a paticular fight, but he died and between the fight pass and free events there is more than enough. if there is a fight i just have to see, like jones vs cormier then i will just go to a bar or someone elses house.

If PPVs were $15 I would order everyone. $70 is too much. I ordered Jones/Cormier and really regretted it after. $70 would've got me groceries for the week, filled up my truck twice, or a very good bottle of scotch. I'm done ordering these over priced PPVs. I had no prob ordering Pride PPVs when they were $30 for a stacked card.

It depends...sometimes they produce low budget fighters. The cost should reflect that.

If it's just me watching (which it usually is, groupwatching goes way down when the cards get watered down):

0-$5 for the lame PPVs
$5-$10 for a typical PPV
$15 for a loaded PPV (of which there really aren't any anymore)

The other problem with group watching is MMA isn't a huge sport. I am easily the biggest MMA fan i know and it isn't even close. The last friend of mine who knew remotely anything about MMA said i can't wait to see Machida fight Jones again

If you ask 50 big sports fans if they like mma i would be surprised if even 10 said they did

I'd pay $9.99 a month for access to all of the PPV's

Some of them I wouldn't be willing to pay anything. Most of them $20 most.

Back