What would Sherdog put in a emergency kit / bug out bag?

Vodka meth and AR 15 and as much ammo as can carry

Character class

Berserk
uuGzBpS.jpg

Basically everything I take on a snowmobile trip: gun, MREs, protein bar, satellite phone. Weather appropriate clothes, filtration straw, high lumen flashlight. Just add in cash

Had to google what a bug out bag is.

For now I'm chilling, I'll figure out the contents of my bag on the spot, when shit hits the fan.
Good luck with that.

Think back to the start of Covid and how simply getting toilet paper became a blood sport. You aint getting anything of critical need when sh*t hits the fan unless you are lucky enough to be in the store at the moment before everyone realizes and locks down.

Good luck with that.

Think back to the start of Covid and how simply getting toilet paper became a blood sport. You aint getting anything of critical need when sh*t hits the fan unless you are lucky enough to be in the store at the moment before everyone realizes and locks down.

I've always wondered why toilet paper. I mean if you have running water, why can't you just wash your ass?

In all seriousness if you have ever watched the movie The Road, then you have probably thought about this question.

The_Road_movie_poster.jpg

You realize that any thing you cannot carry with you, will be lost or stolen pretty quickly.

But one of the first things that will kill you is infections. So antibiotics and some light first aid stuff has to be top of the list.

Then its some of those water purification tablets. Good boots and extra socks. Maybe some fishing line and hooks. A hand gun and bullets will be good early but the below sling shot, cross bow hybrid will become your best friend long term.

Best-Hunting-Slingshot-01.jpg

61-X4uqBsGL._AC_SX522_.jpg

My biggest complaint about the movie The Road was that it was so realistic in every area but the son.

No way you raise your son to be afraid of his shadow if born into that type of world. You have to raise him like a young Klingon Kid, who embraces battle and death as a way to protect himself.

I first thought the kid was just a normal kid from today trapped into that situation, which then made sense. But as soon as I realized his parents raised him that way I lost every ounce of sympathy for him and them.

I've always wondered why toilet paper. I mean if you have running water, why can't you just wash your ass?
You can and would given no choice.
But for most people in the West, toilet paper is one of those things that makes them feel separated from the savages.

As such they will kill someone trying to take it from them.

Obviously you would fill the bag with uppercuts in case you need to dispense them later.

First aid kit
3 days worth of emergency rations
1 weeks supply of water
flashlight with spare batteries
Multi purpose knife/multitools

As much booster jags as I can carry. The only real essential that has been mentioned so far.

Get one of these and build around it.

OIP.xRCiQcBGBOJ2_H0VsfrWkwHaHa

Add to your go bag/kit

Rain poncho
First Aid kit
Machete
A portable radio that has a hand crank/solar for recharging
Small magnifying lens to start a fire (you can get them anywhere for cheap)

Lifestraw-Dirty-Water-833x469.jpg

A LifeStraw. You can stick it in a mud puddle and get clean water from it.

Add to your go bag/kit

Rain poncho
First Aid kit
Machete

From NHK World, I wanted a Rescue Aqua 911 reverse osmosis water pump filter, but damn expensive and no idea if replacement filters can be sourced in US of A.

At Walmart looking at the compasses, I saw one with a fold out lens and thermometer. Couldn't figure out how to slide out the lens.

1 weeks supply of water...
Unless you have a pickup truck or car carrying water is going to be a bad idea. Liquid is far to heavy and even in a vehicle is going to force you to burn your critical gas.

Add to your go bag/kit

Rain poncho
Machete

818THvOpG0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The multi tool kit is a great add but instead of that straw just have a couple bottles of these tablets to add to any water source you find.

Also better through this in your pack so you don't end up like that kid who thought he could rough it in Alaska until he ate the wrong berries.

71Vl8dhmezL.jpg

Unless you have a pickup truck or car carrying water is going to be a bad idea. Liquid is far to heavy and even in a vehicle is going to force you to burn your critical gas.

818THvOpG0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The multi tool kit is a great add but instead of that straw just have a couple bottles of these tablets to add to any water source you find.

Here's a useful graphic I found from CDC. My sense is the most practical solution people usually use is a filter then a chemical treatment

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 9.49.25 AM.png

Either a full featured water pump like MSR Guardian or a UV purifier are very expensive

A sweaty wad of bills + my car and the name of a hotel

I ain’t staying in the woods

Also I'm surprised no one has yet recommended this wonderful tool (which I think you can get for like $20). You disappoint me Sherdog

Here's a useful graphic I found from CDC. My sense is the most practical solution people usually use is a filter then a chemical treatment

View attachment 902902

Either a full featured water pump like MSR Guardian or a UV purifier are very expensive
Sure but we are talking about an emergency scenario where you are likely on the run and need to protect yourself from others who want to steal it.

So you want everything to fit in a big back pack you can keep with you at all time.

Also I'm surprised no one has yet recommended this wonderful tool (which I think you can get for like $20). You disappoint me Sherdog

ya, its a good one as it also makes for a great close quarters weapon and would not add much weight if strapped to your back.

It changes with the season but always have a first aid kit, water filter, magnesium rod, spare ar mags, socks, undies, couple days food, compass, bank line or paracord, small cook set, Vaseline, tarp, and flashlight.

Always carry a pistol and pocket knife so good there. Just grab the rifle and get to the bol.

That looks like a cheap piece of shit tbh.

Back