What would Izzy vs prime Chael look like?

Chael gets pieced up. Anderson was old and slow by that point. Izzy doesn't get taken down as easily and lands almost whatever he wants.

Like every Chael fight. Completely dependent on whether he succeeds on his double legs, then whether he actually tries to prevent submissions before the time limit is reached. Then, win or lose, he tests positive.

I think a chael type pure wrestler beats adesanya.

currently the divisions wrestlers all Have KO power, and fallen in love with KOs.

chael was the kind of wrestler who knew he had one plan and one plan only and really specialized and was focused on take downs

I think it would be a boring fight and easy chael win unless adesanya got really good off his back

Izzy would murder Chael. If he got him down, which is quite unlikely IMO, he'd either survive or get back up and each round Izzy has a very good chance to TKO him...Chael would wilt once Izzy started laying hands on him. And he would, easily. Chael even at his best has little for current Izzy IMO. Izzy moves too well, hits too hard, has sound takedown defence and grappling and is just a more evolved fighter than Anderson who is the natural comparison.

Easy fight for Chael.

DwQqR14kz6bK9l4VJ9ot2mSJRGmO3H6v4VqAXyloRl7gM_ZasLDXNAFdWT7CdLr0FzYICsOluyj_CyQE8v-SAWTb52Tq1z5NaGox0AhZDLlGnFJDAoov_WcyE6TicaayYw

Izzy would murder Chael. If he got him down, which is quite unlikely IMO, he'd either survive or get back up and each round Izzy has a very good chance to TKO him...Chael would wilt once Izzy started laying hands on him. And he would, easily. Chael even at his best has little for current Izzy IMO. Izzy moves too well, hits too hard, has sound takedown defence and grappling and is just a more evolved fighter than Anderson who is the natural comparison.
How is Izzy more evolved? Anderson is miles better in the grappling (minus tdd) and the clinch difference is lightyears. Izzy has the better and smarter striking no doubt

I think being a good defensive wrestler is a way better trait to have than having bad TDD but being good at BJJ.

You know, like pretty much always in MMA.

Physically prime Chael wasn't as well-rounded of a grappler. His blast double would land him in a guillotine against a lanky dude like Atitsanya.
Adesanya is not Paulo Filho lol

people saying Izzy would sub him? he has 0 submissions ever.
Prime Chael was a wrestling beast, and Vettori got Izzy down and kept him there a whole round.

interesting match up of two undefeated fighters. I'll go with Chael.

Physically prime Chael wasn't as well-rounded of a grappler. His blast double would land him in a guillotine against a lanky dude like Atitsanya.
so choked out by a kickboxer who has zero submissions ever? interesting idea.

Prime Chael with 16:1 TE ratio might be a problem for Izzy. Chael was a monster at 185lbs when he was juiced.

Chael would maul him and unlike Anderson, Izzy doesn't have the BJJ to submit him
This is the correct answer. Prime Andy was a better striker the izzy.

44yr old Anderson clowned too much with izzy. Had he taken it more serious he could have got the win.

he was letting him hit him flush for fucks sake..

Chael dominates the first two rounds with power doubles and meaningful GNP.

Attempts to do a flying 360 superman tiger mega punch in the middle of the third round, falls to the ground, bumps his head and KOs himself.

Guy has fought almost purely strikers. There are 3 kinds of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics. Those stats are worthless.
He hasn’t fought anyone yet with a solid wrestling plan..

his fights have looked like Anderson’s early fights BEFORE he went up against cheal and then weidman.

Izzy hasn’t had a cheal or weidman type to deal with yet..

sounds odd but when Shields was still fighting 185 I would have liked to have seen him fight Andy

I’m betting a prime 185 Shields beats izzy

Back