What would it take for Bendo to get another shot?

ShagginTurtles

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
@ the LW title?

He has 2 losses now to Pettis.. It's hard to warrant a 3rd but what would it take?

I think if he won his next 2 fights or had a brutal finish in his next fight

Hard to tell without knowing the future of the other contenders. If it somehow became a ghost-town he'd of course be more likely with a few decent wins, but that doesn't appear to be the case. To the OP though, I think he does get a little more leverage because the loss happened in the WEC. Which puts him in Rampage/Wand territory of getting a rematch despite losing twice. That has never happened in the UFC-only universe right? Or am I forgetting one?

2-3 dominate performances and some good old fashion trash talking and hyping by zuffa.

knock out
ben rothwell
dan henderson
chris leben
mike pierce
kj noons

Hard to tell without knowing the future of the other contenders. If it somehow became a ghost-town he'd of course be more likely with a few decent wins, but that doesn't appear to be the case. To the OP though, I think he does get a little more leverage because the loss happened in the WEC. Which puts him in Rampage/Wand territory of getting a rematch despite losing twice. That has never happened in the UFC-only universe right? Or am I forgetting one?

Penn Edgar

Easier if Grant beats Pettis, if Pettis stays champ for awhile, tough to say. Hopefully some finishes.

A nice long comeback trail, LW being so competitive all he has to do is wait for the new champ to lose.

He would have to turn into the Chael Sonnen of LW.

I think he deserves an immediate rematch.

hopefuly nothing i dont ever want to see him on top again

Penn Edgar

I said who got a rematch after going 0-2 to the person in the UFC though. That was 1-0-1

I don't think it has happened yet, but I'm probably forgetting something from 10 years ago or so.

Benson is going to need someone to take Pettis out for him before he gets a title shot.

I thought Dana has all but said he's not going to get another crack at Showtime any time soon.

Last edited:
2 wins in a row over top 7 or so imo

anybody from

maynard
tj grant
healy
khabib
melendez
thomson

etc

really depends on the line and his performances, potentially not too far away

If he can get a fight with Thomson, Dos Anjos, or Khabib/Healy winner and beat them impressively, he could get one with just 1 more win.

i think kj noons could outstrike pettis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but would get submitted

Back