What would it take for Bendo to get another shot?

Hard to tell without knowing the future of the other contenders. If it somehow became a ghost-town he'd of course be more likely with a few decent wins, but that doesn't appear to be the case. To the OP though, I think he does get a little more leverage because the loss happened in the WEC. Which puts him in Rampage/Wand territory of getting a rematch despite losing twice. That has never happened in the UFC-only universe right? Or am I forgetting one?

Tito vs Ken.

A string of devastating first round, bonus-winning finishes.

That still puts the UFC in an uncomfortable spot. Then they would have a champ that at most was defeated a year ago by the former champion.

It's a vicious cycle.

TJ > Pettis

Smooth > TJ

Pettis > Smooth

2 -3 dominating wins and I dont think the shot could be denied

Problem is not even as champion he was able to get "dominating" wins

Still I just think if he sticks around keeps winning he can get another shot.... on every fucking division all the time we see a situation where a fighter who doesnt even deserve it gets a shot just because there is NOBODY else to give it to and the champion needs to fight, if Bendo stays there and keeps winning Im CERTAIN they will run into one of those situations and there is nobody else but him

I said who got a rematch after going 0-2 to the person in the UFC though. That was 1-0-1

I don't think it has happened yet, but I'm probably forgetting something from 10 years ago or so.

Shamrock went 0-3 against Ortiz.

3 dominant wins will put him back there. They're a lot closer matched than the first two results would suggest too. My money would be on Bendo if they had a rubber match.

I would like him to fight TJ Grant and Khabib if he can dominate maybe another shot.

He has enough trouble winning fights decisively. It's going to be a tough road back for him with decisions, but if he can get some high-profile finishes and Pettis loses the belt, he could get another shot by late 2014.

He would have to become the best contender. His lost sent him to the back of the proverbial line. In front of him are:

TJ Grant
Aldo
Maynard
Thompson
Melendez
Healy

If any of them lose, they fall to the back. Whoever beats them moves up. So, if they only fought each other, it would only take 3 or 4 wins to emerge at the top of the heap. But that's not the case. If they lose to a different fighter, that fighter could potentially jump Bendo in line.

I'd say Bendo would need 3 solid wins, the more entertaining the better, over these fighters, and nobody looking more impressive. We could have a rematch in two years.

However, if Pettis loses the belt, that's all out the window. New champ, Bendo would be short-listed for a shot.

He needs at least 3 or 4 top 10 wins to have another go at Pettis I'd say.(Of course this is assuming Pettis stays champ)

I'd like to see him move up to 170. Wasn't he talking about a superfight with GSP? That's probably never going to happen at this point but they could still fight and I would like to see it. Just do it the conventional way!

I'd like to see him move up to 170. Wasn't he talking about a superfight with GSP? That's probably never going to happen at this point but they could still fight and I would like to see it. Just do it the conventional way!

he does not deserve a superfight. gsp is on another level. anyway, WW sounds ok for him. this natural weight class

Doubt he gets another shot at Pettis, unless he gets like 3 dominant wins and shows improvements that show he's got a chance.

Of course that all could change is Pettis loses the belt, but for now Dana REALLY likes the idea of Pettis as champ

Probably 3 wins. Maybe 4. Like Dana, I'm not intrigued by a trilogy between him and Pettis.

The division has gotten more stacked since his last run. Smooth now has a harder road than Bocek, Miller, and Guida. I'd like to see another Gil fight.

Back